Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Restoring saved game troubles

Angry Restoring saved game troubles

Could somebody please explain to me why when i restore a saved game there are several keyboard functions that will not work. Mostly the throttle. The escape key and F keys will all still function. This is really starting to get annoying. I attached the log even though I cant find anything related to the keyboard. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Will

Hi Will,

I have never had that problem.
    Have you changed OR versions before the restore?
    Cheers
    Derek

Please update your OR to new testing version, MONOGAME or 1.4 version.
    You are using 1.3

Yes, old saves will not work.

Have A good day !
    Last edited by gammaray84; 12-27-2021 at 05:14 AM. Reason: added text

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    Hi Will,

I have never had that problem.
    Have you changed OR versions before the restore?
    No. This is the only version I've ever had. I got it not long before 1.4 came out and i'm still kinda learning it. This happens no matter what loco or consist. After quitting and reloading the save few times it will work normally.
    Will

Regardless of whether 1.3.1 is new to you, it is still 3 years old (released 12-18-2018) and the obligation is on all users to troubleshoot from the latest edition first, then ask for help about the things that sicken them.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Regardless of whether 1.3.1 is new to you, it is still 3 years old (released 12-18-2018) and the obligation is on all users to troubleshoot from the latest edition first, then ask for help about the things that sicken them.
    Geepster, I hate to say it,but your advice to him doesn't make sense. Whatever version he is running,his problem is in THAT version,so the solution HAS to be in the version he is using. You cant ask him to troubleshoot from the latest version first if he is not using that one. Sorry if I sound discordant. Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
    Could somebody please explain to me why when i restore a saved game there are several keyboard functions that will not work. Mostly the throttle. The escape key and F keys will all still function. This is really starting to get annoying. I attached the log even though I cant find anything related to the keyboard. Thanks
    I see by the log that your problem is in Bob Wirths' Pueblo-La Junta Sub. I think that there are several bugs in that because when I run a custom Activity Eastbound, I start getting "Shape" and "Texture" problems around Lamar followed by a crash. When I was running it, I was also using Version 1.3, I haven't tried it in 1.4 yet,but I think that the Route has problems. Unfortunately,Bob is no longer active so I dont think that you can get a solution from him. If you can overcome the problem by the means that you stated then you are probably just stuck with it. At least you can get it to work! Brian

The saves he is seeking a solution for are perishable. The saves he is troubleshooting have already turned to rotten fruit, he just hasn't discovered that yet. The saves he is specifically addressing are likely to never be recoverable, as version progress always eventually turns old saves into unusable junk.

His only path is to update to 1.4, make NEW SAVES involving the affected activities and routes, and see if the problem replicates. That's a problem worth troubleshooting.

It is never a good reason to dispatch troubleshooting time for something already so outdated and perishable. Any solution specifically crafted for his 1.3.1 problem arrives already dead. Simply because the OP is new and unaware of that does not invalidate the advice of moving to the latest version as the first step.

I hate to say it, but Geepster has a point --- Trying to troubleshoot older versions isn't going to be very successful because so few people are going to have that same version installed, and fewer are going to want to try installing an older version to troubleshoot...

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    I hate to say it, but Geepster has a point --- Trying to troubleshoot older versions isn't going to be very successful because so few people are going to have that same version installed, and fewer are going to want to try installing an older version to troubleshoot...
    ...and even if something were found, no developer will devote the time to fix it in an old version. IF the problem can be found, and duplicated in the newest stable -- or testing versions -- it would deserve attention.

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    I hate to say it, but Geepster has a point...
    Yes, but it's usually covered with a tasteful fedora!
    Durante.jpeg Apologies, could not resist --- I'm feeling a little feisty this morning.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.