Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mullan Expansion Pack wanted without main route installed

Default Mullan Expansion Pack wanted without main route installed

Hello,
    Nothing against the main route, but I want the expansion pack for some of the rolling stock.
    How do fake up the installation of the main route so the expansion pack will unpack properly?
    I guess more directly, can someone provide the path structure as it looks on their system?

Thanks very much,
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

For those who bought the route, that route installer also installed a bunch of other content (services, consists, wagons, cabviews, textures, etc) that was never used until the expansion pack came along and was added. So a good chunk of the material needed to utilize the expansion just plain wont work without the main route installed first. Its not just an "I need the path" situation. So I understand why they established dependencies they did.

A bummer since both halves of this was on sale recently for nearly half off.

I get that, and am willing to work my way through that, but doesn't the expansion installer simply need a hard directory path (or paths) to install the rolling stock? The dependencies you mention are files, not folders.
    I can always buy the route, but thought simple batch install was failing due to no existing directories.

Not the end of the world if that is not the case, sale still exists for one more day.
    Neil

Neil,
    I was able to install my expansion pack into a temp folder. That being said, the route is well worth the $. It is on par with your "doctored" routes

Thanks Darkhorse427, but if you don't mind me asking - how did you do it??
    Neil

Neil,

What I do if I don't want to install something right into the "suggested" place for something is to create a folder on my desktop called something like "Stuff." Then in the installer for whatever you are installing, I just point the installer to that "Stuff" folder when the installer asks for the target directory/folder. Once it installs, I open that "Stuff" folder, see what's in it, pick and choose what and where I want to copy its contents to the simulator folders and go from there.

Hi wwhall,
    That suggestion is fine .... except for installers which require some previous installation to be present. This applies to the Mullan Expansion which, as far as I know, won't install if the original Mullan route is not already installed. I've not been able to find out what the Expansion installer is 'looking for' to be able to run.

Happy New Year

Cheers,
    Ged

Yes, that can be a problem. I already have Mullan, so the Expansion Pack installer found what it needed. I do also agree that purchasing the Mullan Route is money well-spent--it is one of the best OR routes out there today.

I just tried it, it's pretty straight forward.
    It will only install into c:/TrainSimulations directory.

Just rename the current one ( assuming you have it ), make a new one with the same name, then tell the expansion pack to install into it.
    It will install a few other updated files from what I can see, but I'm gussing you just want the want the new stuff anyways.

If you do buy the route at a later stage, you might wanna reinstall this to get the updated files into the route.

Steve

Steve, appreciate your rely, but no luck.
    I made a directory called TrainSimulations on the C drive, tried the installer, and as soon as I enter the purchase code, it dies due "a default content path could not be found". I don't have a chance to point the install anywhere. Could be it needs the other folders within the root?
    Neil