Thread: Level crossings don't show properly in Cape Cod route

Default Level crossings don't show properly in Cape Cod route

Yesterday just for fun I fired up an old route - the "Cape Cod Bay Colony" route.
    I noticed under ORTS 1.4 the crossing gates are missing the pedestal and gate portion (see below).

crossingsig.jpg

However when I load the route in TSRE the gates show up correctly. The shape and texture files are present.
    Attached is the OR log file.

The pertinent error appears to be:
    Code:
    Warning: System.IO.FileLoadException: {TileX:-10845 TileZ:14415 X:520.666 Y:8.93164 Z:599.104} scenery object 1701 failed to load ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
       at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
       at Orts.Simulation.LevelCrossings.<CreateLevelCrossing>b__11_1(Int32 id) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\LevelCrossing.cs:line 73
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.<>c__DisplayClass7_0`3.<CombineSelectors>b__0(TSource x)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
       at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
       at Orts.Simulation.LevelCrossings.CreateLevelCrossing(WorldPosition position, IEnumerable`1 trackIDs, IEnumerable`1 roadIDs, Single warningTime, Single minimumDistance) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\Orts.Simulation\Simulation\LevelCrossing.cs:line 73
       at Orts.Viewer3D.LevelCrossingShape..ctor(Viewer viewer, String path, WorldPosition position, ShapeFlags shapeFlags, LevelCrossingObj crossingObj) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Shapes.cs:line 820
    . . .
    Not sure what ORTS doesn't like here. Since TSRE has no problem with it.
    Thoughts?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was thinking I could just replace the crossing gates with one of Travis Ebner's gate sets, but there are a LOT of crossings on this route,

If you're active on ET, you may want to ask them, since I don't know anything about those long-winded errors regarding crossings. Those look like the old Bruce Bridges shapes, and a his are known to use decimal numbers for animation speeds, instead of whole numbers as OR requires. If you're familiar with shape files, check the animation data (at the end of the shape file) and make sure the speed isn't 2.5 or something else with a decimal point. I'd provide an example, but I don't have any handy on this computer.

As an aside, if you do go the replacement route, I'm working on getting FRA crossing data out of a monster spreadsheet covering every crossing that's existed in the US since 1970. It may help in such a project, since they usually list the kind of equipment at each crossing. I'm about a third of the way done (three weeks in: ~150,000 entries done, 300,000 to go). If you know the railroad(s) involved, I can try to expedite getting those done if you want

Thanks Travis. I will take a look at the shape file animation data.

Thanks for the suggestion about the replacement. Given that this route is semi-fictional and has many anachronisms regarding track layout a, buildings, etc. I wouldn't be too worried about using a particular crossing gate, if it comes down to replacing them.

I have thought about editing the route to make it more realistic e.g. removing the double track but that would be a lot of work and probably not something I should take on with so many other unfinished projects in the works.

Jon