Thread: MRL GP40 Rear Ditch Lights

Default MRL GP40 Rear Ditch Lights

I am trying to get the ditch lights to shine on the MRL GP40 when running long hood forward but I seem to be messing up somewhere. I have the rear lights to shine when dim and bright. The rear ditch lights are seen when at an angle but not looking directly at the rear of the locomotive. I have attached a zip file of the eng file if someone can help.

Thanks
    CSX FAN
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by CSX FAN View Post
    ... The rear ditch lights are seen when at an angle but not looking directly at the rear of the locomotive...
    Thanks
    CSX FAN
    From the description sounds like you need to adjust the positioning just a little bit more.

I had something like that happen with a rear light for a caboose, it was just a little behind the place where it should be...saw it from an angle, but from the rear of the caboose, nothing. Moved it slightly towards the rear and it appeared. I'm not a model maker, but do some of the minor things, like positioning lights and such.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hi,
    Your lights are positioned OK, but they are pointing forwards!!
    You need to add a line : Azimuth ( -180 -180 -180 ) before the 'Transition' line of each of the ditch lights.

As setup, these lights will be on whenever the front ditch lights are on. If that's what you want, that's great, but if you only want them to be on when travelling long nose forward, other changes need to be made.

Cheers,
    Ged