Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carspawner install problem.

In the original MSTS Version the tsection.dat in the global folder contains 376 track sections.
    So the the dynamic tracks in the routes tsection.dat are placed after track section 376.
    Therefore the tsection.dat of the route starts with
    TrackSections ( 970
    TrackSection (
    SectionCurve ( 0 ) 376 9.86001 0
    )
    When the tsection.dat in the global folder is altered for use of other tracks pieces as xtracks
    then the track sections in the routes tsection.dat must start with 40000
    TrackSections ( 208
    TrackSection (
    SectionCurve ( 0 ) 40000 2 0
    )
    When the global tsection.at does not correspond with the routes tsection.dat TSRE finds identical numbers for different sections, can`t write the routes tsection.dat correct and corrupts it.
    Horace from the tkutils can alter the routes tsection from 376 to 40000

Quote Originally Posted by trampeltier View Post
    In the original MSTS Version the tsection.dat in the global folder contains 376 track sections.
    So the the dynamic tracks in the routes tsection.dat are placed after track section 376.
    TrackSections ( 970
    TrackSection (
    )
    When the tsection.dat in the global folder is altered for use of other tracks pieces as xtracks
    TrackSections ( 208
    TrackSection (
    )
    When the global tsection.at does not correspond with the routes tsection.dat TSRE finds identical numbers for different sections, can`t write the routes tsection.dat correct and corrupts it.
    Thanks for the explanation. I guess I'm going to have to make friends with Horace....Although I'm still puzzled as to why making an alteration on the ROADS rather than the tracks is affecting the tsection...
    Last edited by niknak; 01-11-2022 at 06:54 AM.
    Regards,

Nick

Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Well I tried talking to Horace but sadly he doesn't appear to want to talk to me - When I attempt to action the "select tsection dat" box by opening the MSTS Global tsection file Horace gives me a "Not Responding" message.
    Regards,

Nick

Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Hi Nick,
    I don't think you're supposed to use Horace with the GLOBAL tsection.dat file!!

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi Ged, Well the help tab in Horace states "open tsection dat (usually in the global folder NOT the one in the route folder)". (Their capitals). I did also try the route tsection just in case but no joy.

Regards,
    Nick
    Regards,

Nick

Hi Nick,
    My utmost apologies
    I didn't see that! I read the readme, which says
    [quote]The purpouse of Horace is to adjust ids of dynamic and static track sections when you do changes to the global tsection.dat file. One such situation is when you install the 'standardized tsection.dat' for using XTracks, New Roads, Scale Rail or the like. [\quote]
    I know it's a dangerous thing to do, but I assumed that the tsection.dat referred to is that in the route's folder as that is the one requiring modification.
    I really shouldn't get involved in subjects I scarcely know anything about. Chastisement accepted!

Cheers,
    Ged

Ged I would never question your chastity...

Regards,
    Nick
    Regards,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by trampeltier View Post
    TrackSections ( 970
    TrackSection (
    )
    TrackSections ( 208
    TrackSection (
    )
    TSRE has AUTO FIX for that for years. No need for Horace.
    http://www.onrails.eu/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=159

That's it!! Many thanks Goku. I had an old version of TSRE. Have now updated to v0.7012 and the conversion works perfectly. I could even resume my saved activity after converting the route!

Regards and thanks,

Nick
    Regards,

Nick