Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carspawner install problem.

Default Carspawner install problem.

Hi guys. I'm trying to install an additional carspawner on a route that already has some. I place the spawner in TSRE and the cars appear. But when I go back into TSRE after saving and exiting the spawners aren't there - No cars or purple boxes etc. I've tried this in 2 separate routes ( 1 MSTS route KHP2 and 1 TrainSimulations OR route BNSF Scenic ) with the same result. I've attached the TSRE settings and log files and would be grateful for any help.

Nick
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards,

Nick

Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Could be this,
    tdb.JPG

Well that was it alright - Many thanks. The spawner shows up working ok now in both TSRE and the activity. Only fly in the ointment is the error messages in the OR log which I've attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards,

Nick

Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Make sure the number at the top of the carspawn.dat file matches the number of car entries,

I doublechecked that Jon (by deliberately putting in a false number which gave a "skipped extra item" error in the log) and then reinput the correct number I had before. And now the error message has gone! Strange days indeed. Anyway thanks for your suggestion which did somehow help.
    Regards,

Nick

A strange one this: I place a new carspawner in TrainSimulations BNSF Scenic route and all is well. I then install a carspawner in MLT's KHP2 route and find when I go to play the route that the tsection file has been wiped except for 2 lines. I then reinstall the full original tsection file and the route plays okay, and also the carspawner that I just installed is okay and working perfectly.
    I'd appreciate if anyone could explain why I have to reinstall the tsection in this particular route after placing a new carspawner.

Nick
    Regards,

Nick

Hi Nick,
    Which tsection.dat file was corrupted? The one in the GLOBAL folder or the one in the route's folder?

Either way, I suspect the user suffered some 'finger-trouble'

Are you sure the route was working OK before you added the carspawn.dat file?

Alternatively, as you've posted in the TSRE5 Forum, if your problem occurred in TSRE5, you have to be VERY careful with the settings and what functions you select!

Happy New Year to you and yours !

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 01-02-2022 at 11:53 AM.

Season's felicitations to you too Ged! Yes the route was fine before that. It was the ROUTE tsection file that got corrupted. I tried putting it in a separate OR folder within the route but that resulted in me being unable to place the carspawner at all - Just nothing happened when I clicked on the road section in TSRE.
    Regards,

Nick

Interesting. I thought route tsection was only used for dynamic track. Not sure why that would affect car spawners.

Yes I was confused too Jon, but that does appear to be the case.. I just have to remember to reinstall the original tsection file after every time I add or change a carspawner on KHP2
    Regards,

Nick