Thread: Slow lever movement

Default Slow lever movement

Hello,

I run into a problem especially when driving steam that the movement of the levers when using keyboard is too slow, it takes forever to move the reverser forward and aft for instance. Is there any way to speed up the response to keyboard inputs so that these levers can be manipulated a little better?

Quote Originally Posted by HookitandBookit View Post
    Hello,

I run into a problem especially when driving steam that the movement of the levers when using keyboard is too slow, it takes forever to move the reverser forward and aft for instance. Is there any way to speed up the response to keyboard inputs so that these levers can be manipulated a little better?
    Hi...

In my following image - it's the 3rd field on each control which sets the number of notches - you can speed it up by making the notches bigger. See the highlighted line and the third field highlighted in black:

Capture.JPG

Regards,
    Scott

Hi Scott (or anyone else). Do you have a reference for what all the cab control values are? Each couple of years when I build another cab I have to relearn everything. A central source of truth would be a time saver.

Cheers,

Marek.

Quote Originally Posted by superheatedsteam View Post
    Hi Scott (or anyone else). Do you have a reference for what all the cab control values are? Each couple of years when I build another cab I have to relearn everything. A central source of truth would be a time saver.

Cheers,

Marek.
    Hi Marek,

Yeah - honestly - I just copy my old controllers from one locomotive to the next. I use "include" files which makes it pretty transportable.

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi...

In my following image - it's the 3rd field on each control which sets the number of notches - you can speed it up by making the notches bigger. See the highlighted line and the third field highlighted in black:

Capture.JPG

Regards,
    Scott
    Thank you sir, absolutely LOVE your LHR Heavy Mountain by the way, thank you for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by HookitandBookit View Post
    Thank you sir, absolutely LOVE your LHR Heavy Mountain by the way, thank you for that too.
    Hi...

Thanks - she's in the shops now - the LHR model is quite old - my skills have improved a bit since then. I'm working on the B&M R-1-A first - I plan on going through the series until I get to the R-1-D again - of which the LHR model was based. There will be far more detail and some better textures.

BM482_R1A by Scott B, on Flickr

Regards,
    Scott

Thank you Peter, your efforts are appreciated.

Outstanding work Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by superheatedsteam View Post
    Thank you Peter, your efforts are appreciated.

Outstanding work Scott.
    Hi Marek,

Thank you sir - a long way to go - as I suspect you know from modeling but I've been making good progress. Been working on all the piping lately.

Regards,
    Scott