Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: End of TSRE is near------

The problems I see are with new people entering the hobby. I hope there are new people entering the hobby.
    If Goku decides to let his website go dark you can't install TSRE without it needing to "phone home" to complete the install, even if you're lucky enough to have the program downloaded.
    Those of us who have it installed can just copy it to a new drive or computer and it'll work just fine but for new installs it just won't be available.

Randy

Pretty sure that any phone home thing would be one of the first things to get examined by others and changed. Anyone dropping out of active development and support need not collect any data for any reason anymore.

Uh, there's no phone home feature in TSRE I'm aware of... and I've been using it for two years.

Very first use of any version of TSRE on a fresh O/S disk needs an internet connection, otherwise certain TSRE functions remain unusable. Been that way all along. What its connecting to and for what reason, ??????

It downloads appdata from the koniec site where TSRE has historically been hosted. You can also download it there directly if you'd rather. I do that, as my sim computer is offline

I first started with MSTS in 2001 and I’m still plugging away at it in ORTS/TSRE and experiencing a sort of revitalization with my recent repainting efforts. The fact is there is 20 years worth of content and countless improvements that will probably never be matched and have kept it going along the newer sims. I’ve invested way too much time, money, and frustration to pull out now.

I've been a user of the original MSTS and addons, and only now starting to build a route in TSRE. I bought Trainz 19 for $8 (on sale I guess?) but can't get into it, the comical sorta style I think, but some of the screenshots are stunning.

I only wish for proper night-lighting which can make a scene. Is there some sort of air-tasker sort of service for programmers? I'd throw in some $ to progress the sim.