Thread: Track Texture Issue on Sharp Curves

Default Track Texture Issue on Sharp Curves

I've been scratching my head about this one, and wondering if anyone has come across this before. Maybe I installed the shapes from "strack01.zip" incorrectly. The piece pictured below is A1t55r15d.s, but this strange texture mapping appears on all the sharp curves (60r and less) from Paul Andrews' shape set.

A1t55r15d.jpg

Does anyone have advice on correcting this?

Thanks,
    Matt

It looks like that particular texture might be rotated 90 degrees the wrong way. It might be within the shape or within the texture. I don't use that particular track system so can't help beyond that.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Rushey Platt Junction, Darkest Wiltshire.

It's the shape, it's referencing the rail texture (acleanttrack2.ace) at 90deg. It is solvable but you'll need to edit the original rail texture as a different file (you'll need to experiment to find the right alignment), edit the affected track pieces and create new clones (you could just replace the originals but remember that you could cause compatibility issues if you distribute the route) which reference your new textures and use them by editing the world files.

Yes, it's a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by caldrail View Post
    It's the shape, it's referencing the rail texture (acleanttrack2.ace) at 90deg. It is solvable but you'll need to edit the original rail texture as a different file (you'll need to experiment to find the right alignment), edit the affected track pieces and create new clones (you could just replace the originals but remember that you could cause compatibility issues if you distribute the route) which reference your new textures and use them by editing the world files.

Yes, it's a lot of work.
    I was afraid this might be the case...