Thread: NEC V4 Mysterious Signal!?

Question NEC V4 Mysterious Signal!?

On the secondary line at milepost 14 for the south bound track, there is a signal that does not appear in the Track Monitor!

The signal shows red (stop/block) all the time, but player trains can still pass this signal without penalty as though this signal doesn't exist!?

Suspect there might be a signal script issue here?? Travis? Anyone?

Thank you.

Screenshots enclosed below:

Mysterious_Signal_at_MP14_Annotated_(FM99).jpgMysterious_Signal_at_MP14_AE_Annotated.jpg

There is no issue at that location running in MSTS. My route is modified but not the signal system. Maybe an OR problem?
    Jim

Thanks for the comment!

On further testing, it seems the issue may be related to resuming a saved activity(?) I saved an activity when my train was just before milepost 13. And on resuming this activity, the Track Monitor doesn't show the presence of the signal at milepost 14! At milepost 14 the signal is there on site and shows red, but still nothing showing on the Track Monitor. My train passes this signal without any further issues.

Now I ran another train along this route and this time the signal was present within the Track Monitor and correctly displayed green aspect.

So, I am beginning to suspect there is some issue with saving/resuming activities on Open Rails version 1.4 where I'm having the signal issue with.

Note that there are not many activities saved at this time, maybe a dozen or so for the NEC V4 route. So I don't think there is likely to be any corruption due to numerous saved activities.

Open Rails version 1.4 bug?

You need to post this in the OR section, there was discussion about saves also..
    Jim

It is a bug (still!) in the restore process. Notice how the track monitor says Max Distance instead of Auto Signal. When it says that upon restores, just CTRL-M twice, going from auto to manual and back to auto, and it should then display Auto Signal and the signal will now show on the track monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    It is a bug (still!) in the restore process. Notice how the track monitor says Max Distance instead of Auto Signal. When it says that upon restores, just CTRL-M twice, going from auto to manual and back to auto, and it should then display Auto Signal and the signal will now show on the track monitor.
    Yeah, it has been like this for some time...however, it appears ( to my experience ) to only happen on certain routes --- older MSTS legacy -- so maybe it is tied to certain signal scripts used -- something wayyyy out of my field of knowledge. I also use the CTRL-M toggle method, works fine.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Thanks for the comments!

Yes, the Ctrl and M keys seem to work as a "work around" for this "bug".

This is the first time I have come across this signalling issue! I have resumed many NEC V4 activities without any such issues occurring before! As suggested, there may be some localized signalling script that Open Rails (version 1.4) can't quite interpret correctly(?)