Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rail car Textures Missing Only When Running an Activity!?

I'm fairly certain I saw the 0kN for the "wagon" brake force and not specifically for the handbrake, although the handbrake setting also seems to be at 0kN. That was not right at all!

Looking at (some) of these files at the moment.

EDIT: found one wagon so far with 0kN entries for both the wheel and the handbrake - BNSF_237362_C.wag

EDIT 2: and another wagon here - BNSF_237362_E.wag

Yes, I have modified about 40 wags so far.

I use a program called textcrawler v3 for this.

https://textcrawler.soft32.com/
    Last edited by derekmorton; 01-23-2022 at 04:28 AM.
    Cheers
    Derek

Thanks for the tip regarding TextCrawler, Derek!

I'll have a look at this software shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by meeshu View Post

In addition! Some well cars have 0kN as maximum braking value ( from MaxBrakeForce( 0kN ) entry ) within their *.wag files. This is nonsense, as all cars must have some braking force value! So more editing required!

If the articulated car platform shape has no wheels, then that specific platform would have no braking force. If you revise to add braking force to a platform where no wheels exist, you are giving the entire 5 platform car too much brake force. You are converting it force-wise into a husky stack type car instead of an articulated type car.

Usually on a 5-pack, end platforms A and B and middle platform D has 2 complete sets of wheels, while platform E and C have no wheels and thus should have no brake force.

Good point!

Yes, I missed triple checking to see if well cars had wheels or not. So more editing required!!

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    If the articulated car platform shape has no wheels, then that specific platform would have no braking force. If you revise to add braking force to a platform where no wheels exist, you are giving the entire 5 platform car too much brake force. You are converting it force-wise into a husky stack type car instead of an articulated type car.

Usually on a 5-pack, end platforms A and B and middle platform D has 2 complete sets of wheels, while platform E and C have no wheels and thus should have no brake force.
    Geepster, your post earned me a DOH.jpg....

I looked at some "C" cars and here's what I found:

Code:
    include ( "..\\APL_C_KLINE.wag" )
    Wagon (
    	include ( "..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\Common.inc\\Fleet\\Couplers\\Std_COFC_Coupler.inc" )
    	include ( "..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\Common.inc\\Fleet\\Brakes\\Single_Pipe_AB_Brakes_COFC.inc" )
    	ORTSAdhesion ( ORTSCurtius_Kniffler ( 7.5 44 0.161 0.7 ) )
    	ORTSNumberAxles ( 4 )
    	ORTSBearingType ( Roller )
    	ORTSDavis_A ( 691.24 )
    	ORTSDavis_B ( 12.5035 )
    	ORTSDavis_C ( 3.895220 )
    	Comment( == Assumptions -FreightCar DoubleStack - speed - 65mph (105km/h), Roller Bearing, 4 axles, frontal area - N/A, WagonWeight - 114.0 ton (metric) == )
    )
    Not only did I give them the normal set of brakes!...when I recalculate the Davis numbers with zero axles the value for Davis_A drops from 691.24 to 335.39. Something seemed screwy to me, could not put my finger on it until I read this post.
    Now to recheck a whole bunch of work --- Thank you, sir...excellent point, indeed.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.