Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Well The Long Awaited V3 is here

Couldn’t believe it when I saw the news that it had been released so thanks to Run8 studios for making our dreams come true.
    Have just purchased without any issues, all installed and got the green dot so now to have a look.
    —————
    Jason

Hope you are enjoying it Jason. I think “Otto” while not perfect makes a huge difference. You do need to reactivate him loading a saved game and request the signal when restarting your train.

Of course I got used to driving the American muscle in TSW2 so every time I get back in the cab I’m instinctively looking for the interactive cut out valve and MU setter (lead/dead, 24 26 etc) which of course Run 8 sets up along with the banking comm if you use the quick click option when taking over the loco.
    Vern.

Guys. How could I shut up the noisy partner? it's really annoying. As for V3, it's impressive what I've seen so far.

And although, it is not the main thing, graphically it looks impressive.

I have found a problem, I have deactivated the partner, when you drive the train for a while again you can hear the partner talking.

If you press view "4" and then want to go back to the cockpit with "Ctrl+F11", you can't do it, that is, you can't go back to the cockpit.

This was a problem for me as well. In Chrome, the download would always fail and reset to zero just after 1GB downloaded or at about 50%. So I downloaded it with my Firefox browser instead. When the download fails there, it allows you to retry and continue where it left off. Not sure why Chrome does not allow you the do that.
    Last edited by GS kid; 01-27-2022 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcasaucao View Post
    Guys. How could I shut up the noisy partner? it's really annoying. As for V3, it's impressive what I've seen so far.

And although, it is not the main thing, graphically it looks impressive.
    Go back to Sim-Options upper left corner, Next License Menu, & be sure your DOT has turned to GREEN, if any other color reenter your v3 Transaction ID.

That will remove the Pirates voice & retore all button / other functionalities.
    Last edited by SMRY; 01-27-2022 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcasaucao View Post
    I have found a problem, I have deactivated the partner, when you drive the train for a while again you can hear the partner talking.

If you press view "4" and then want to go back to the cockpit with "Ctrl+F11", you can't do it, that is, you can't go back to the cockpit.
    Go back to Sim-Options upper left corner, Next License Menu, & be sure your DOT has turned to GREEN, if any other color reenter your v3 Transaction ID.

That will remove the Pirates voice & retore all button / other functionalities.

HazMat:
    I'm happy the 8-Team took some of my idea to heart, including the ability to attach HazMat Placards & a number of classes / types to choose from the provided library. Another fine feature.

The download link in the email doesn't work, at least not when I tried it. I copied and pasted the link on the transaction conformation page onto the address line of Chrome and got the download that way.
    Alaskan02
    Intel Core i7-3960X(six core Extreme, 15MB cache), 32768MB 1600MHz DDR3 Memory, Graphics; Dual 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GTX 680 SLI, O/S Windows 7 SP1 Professional (64 BIT)

I've posted this at The Depot but worth mentioning here. Has anyone had the loco start kicking or jerking sideways, particularly on curves but occasionally on the straight too. Mine has just started doing this and it's driving me nuts!
    Vern.