Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Steam in TSW2.

Who are the Preservation Crew, Vern ?

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post

Mike.
    The embalmers charged with mummifying DTG's boss?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post

Mike.
    The poor buggers who have to clean up the mess left by the So called A Team…
    Vern.

Hahahahahahaha, oh right. The words preservation and privatisation, make me see red Vern.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

It's a bit of a stupid name for what they do, TBH. I think they fettle the areas neglected by the original route builder(s), add items like working passenger information systems so if roaming round a station you can actually see when a train is due - that sort of thing.

It was worrying watching part of the Jubilee stream when, I think it was Matt P, openly admitted that some of the issues that have been obviously left outstanding will be passed to the Preservation Crew to fix. This before the route is even out!

They've got another stream tonight with the 8F, not going to watch live, will wait until it pops up on YT, but interesting to see if any of the questions raised from the last one or answered - or it will be another 80 minutes of back patting, high fives, what a good job we've done etc., etc.
    Vern.

Well the latest info I’ve gleaned from the DTG forums is not encouraging…

The AI fireman debacle seems to be going on with coding now being frantically put in place to try and use the firebox door as a means to stop the uncontrolled steam generation.

It also emerged on last night’s stream that there are indeed no track sounds due to an issue within the editor and Matt P has admitted they don’t know when or even if this will be addressed.

This is for a £24.99 route just over a week from release… Don’t know about anyone else but I think this is an utter disgrace. As soon as I get back in later from the hospital later I shall be cancelling my pre-order, redirect the money to some content for classic TS content which at least we know is tried, tested and works.
    Vern.

Great disappointment for you then Vern. I don't even take any interest in TSW anymore buddy.

Happy with Trainz at the moment, if the user sticks to payware then the cabview debacle. hardly ever pops up.

Deffo the best Trainz version yet. I really disliked TANE and i wasn't much happier with TRS19.

Anyway back on topic. DTG chose Unreal engine but they don't have the knowledge to use it properly.

Everything they do falls short, or is a fudge. Plus i can have 2x months of Gold membership with Trainz for that amount of money.

I hope your hospital visit went well Vern.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I hope your hospital visit went well Vern.
    Just my four weekly oil change! Two mornings of IVIG infusion to counter my neuropathy. Get a free NHS lunch out of it, too!

Anyhow I've just refunded SoS, just see no point in it as things stand. Maybe pick it up later in the year if it goes down to a bargain price and they fix up the most glaring faults.

Money can stay in my Steam account until the next TSC sale, or something else that takes my fancy.
    Vern.

Never heard of that one before Vern, had to look it up.

Hopefully you have it under control buddy.

When SoS goes down to a real bargain price. I will give you the £2.50 to buy it

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I had re purchased but initial reports from the console players are not that great, so refunded again. Fickle so and so that I am.

TBH I've bought the Bossman 8F and Jubilee for TSC and having mastered the "pro" controls (especially the small and large ejectors) am really enjoying the experience, on routes that have far more to offer than Crewe to bloody Liverpool. Once the refund clears will probably add Clan Line and the Marches route to the collection.
    Vern.