Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam in TSW2.

I think 4.26 refers to the version of Unreal engine which is what TSW2 now runs under.

Rush Hour was the triple pack they did last year of Boston Sprinter, Brighton Main Line and Dresden to Riesa.
    Vern.

Thanks very much Vern, so i guess the latest Steam version should be Unreal 4.26.

Couldn't understand why some stipulate 4.26 and Rush Hour.

Many thanks for the help buddy.

EDIT: You have a PM Vern.

Mike.
    Last edited by haverfordwest; 03-20-2022 at 05:49 PM.
    Yma O Hyd

Well it has a release date now...
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...e_Route_AddOn/
    31st May.

Why am I just a little bit uncertain about this? No price (yet) on Steam. Details confirm we are not getting any catering vehicles amongst the rolling stock, not even the RMB buffet car. Most expresses running in and out of Lime Street would have some sort of buffet/restaurant vehicle.

I just have a horrible feeling this has been rushed to meet a deadline, given just a few days ago Matt P admitted steam effects still needed lots of work.

$64k dilemma being, do I buy this or continue to expand my Run 8 wagon collection?!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by northernwarrior View Post
    well it has a release date now...
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...e_route_addon/
    31st may.

Why am i just a little bit uncertain about this? No price (yet) on steam. Details confirm we are not getting any catering vehicles amongst the rolling stock, not even the rmb buffet car. Most expresses running in and out of lime street would have some sort of buffet/restaurant vehicle.

I just have a horrible feeling this has been rushed to meet a deadline, given just a few days ago matt p admitted steam effects still needed lots of work.

$64k dilemma being, do i buy this or continue to expand my run 8 wagon collection?!
    Danger Will Robinson!!! Danger!!!

TSO, should be an SO and an SK. As Vern pointed out, no catering facilities is dumber than dumb.

No cigar and no sale here, at 36 miles end to end. That is enough to put me off, besides all the other inaccuracies. Which i would wager will appear if i was stupid enough to part with my money.
    Yma O Hyd

I think you are right on this Mike. A severe danger of becoming GWE but with steam traction. After going end to end a few times and a bit of no real purpose shunting, the interest could quickly wane.

Unless the initial reviews are glowing, might even go on the backburner for the Christmas sale.

Someone mentioned at Dovetail Towers it will be the standard price of £24.99. Problem is, that could buy 3 or 4 wagon sets for Run 8 and knock out quite a few of those default boxcars!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    .....$64k dilemma being, do I buy this or continue to expand my Run 8 wagon collection?!
    Easily answered, Vern. The second alternative will give you more value for money at the moment......wait for a while before getting the DTG thing.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Now if Run 8 were to introduce steam traction, that would be a Day 1 purchase for me!

For that matter so would anything Alco, Baldwin or Fairbanks Morse in the diesel department.
    Vern.

I would stick with Run8 Vern. It has more playability and scope for expansion than TSW2 will ever have, in my opinion.

You know my one dislike of R8, so i won't go on about it. But apart from that it is a very good game.

Having played TRS22 for a couple of weeks now, i prefer that over both the current DTG games.

I don't enjoy US steam, so no sale for me on that basis for R8. But the older diesels and rolling stock.

Would definitely have me thinking seriously about a purchase.

Right i must go and do some more beta testing on the VR Bairnsdale - Orbost route.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Just added two more wagon packs to the Run 8 collection (Mixed 1 and reefers, to get the Tropicana cars) so that kind of takes care of where the investment goes.

Actually there is a fairly mixed reaction at the DTG forum, with quite a few saying they will hold back. People are coming round to realising that steam is nothing new in a train sim game and that a TSW trademark short route and first stab at it, may not deliver quite as expected.
    Vern.