Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam in TSW2.

Does nothing for me, prefer UK steam in TSC. Run for 10 miles from Liverpool end, got bored with it and didn't even bother to save.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Must admit starting to feel a bit jaded with it now. Too many broken scenarios and the Jubilee still has poor physics and an annoying persistent squeak if you drive from the footplate view.

May go back to the trucks this evening or grab the Wycombe route and give that in TSC.
    Vern.

The whole (TSW2) sorry mess just annoys me Vern. Have you seen the cabsway at anything over 50%, it is ludicrouse. Loads of other faults i won't bore you with again buddy.

Once i have a good look at my finances, i will probably buy Farm Sim 22. I was looking at the mod sites for it last night. Loads of clever and worthwhile stuff for it.

Wycome is the tarts tooties Vern, but you need a lot of payware for the scenarios.
    But you can of course run anything you own in the Quick Drives, of which there are plenty to choose from.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I noticed with the Jubilee accelerating out of Man Vic it was shaking from side to side, totally OTT for cab sway.

I’m still toying with buying Stray, for something a bit different to do.
    Vern.

Yup and if you go into a banked curve with wagons. Each one sort of tilts in increments
    You fancy looking after the poor puddy tat, then Vern
    Scrap FS22, no sandbox and no mouse steering for vehicles.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Think I will wait for a sale on the cat game. Read the main campaign only takes about 5 hours to complete.

As I suspected FS22 only really good on offer at a discount. 17 still the best of the bunch.

Back for another go on Spirit Of Steam, had to love the people (well one person in particular who is usually okay) on the DTG forum coming along and trying to challenge my attempt to compare the Jubilee with other sims. I think there's one in the ELR MSTS stuff too but I CBA to mess about trying to set up an activity via TSRE and Open Rails to try it out. Fact is, DTG have got the physics a bit off centre, slips too readily on pull away but not enough power on the hills.
    Vern.

Bit short then Vern, not really value for money.

New features in 22 though buddy. Not that i have any experience of any of them. Only watching my son in law playing.

Yeah but MSTS physics will be pants Vern. I can see an uninstall of TSW2 coming, just winds me up. That the whole game is so bad, buddy. I should have saved that £24.99 towards buying Sniper Elite 5.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Bit short then Vern, not really value for money.

New features in 22 though buddy. Not that i have any experience of any of them. Only watching my son in law playing.

Yeah but MSTS physics will be pants Vern. I can see an uninstall of TSW2 coming, just winds me up. That the whole game is so bad, buddy. I should have saved that £24.99 towards buying Sniper Elite 5.

Mike.
    Sniper Elite… from a ledge overlooking the DTG office!

I tried the scenario in Journey mode where you start off turning a Jubilee on the turntable then take it up to Crewe station, couple up and work the train to Acton Bridge. Not bad as plenty of AI including an overtake of a freight on the slow line. But that grinding noise in 1 view is really starting to niggle, combined with the safety valve constantly blowing even with the dampers shut. Still I paid £25 for it might as well try and get my money’s worth out of it.
    Vern.

Hahahahahaha, spot on Vern

For me there is no real loco sounds, just rumble, squeek and grind. AI even worse, they glide by noiselessly.

You are a better man than me Vern. I just can't be bothered with it. Hopefully i have learnt my lesson, no more money wasted on TSW2.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Well if the rumour mill over there is true, looks like TSW3 is not far off.

Had my first run down into Lime Street yesterday evening but ruined by the awful lighting can’t see any of the detail in the cuttings etc. Hopefully if there is a TSW3 one of the things to be addressed.
    Vern.