Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam in TSW2.

Well i do not regret buying any of the DLC for R8, Vern. Even though the game is not installed.

I regret more, reactivating TSW2 on Steam and then buying the extra routes. Complete waste of money on reflection.

Personally i think your investment is safer with R8 than TSW

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Actually there is a fairly mixed reaction at the DTG forum, with quite a few saying they will hold back. People are coming round to realising that steam is nothing new in a train sim game and that a TSW trademark short route and first stab at it, may not deliver quite as expected.
    No shunters advertised as being built for the 3 main yards at Crewe in the 1950s. And will we be able to access every depot, turntable and yard/sidings at Crewe, or, will 75% of the area be DTG restricted to the end-user, again.....Will they offer customers the docks at Runcorn, and/or Speke/Garston for mixed freight trains, it'll be interesting to see exactly what DTG do include in this layout for the usual £24.99.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i7 10700k 3.8GHz Eight Core CPU, Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX, 32GB RAM, nVidia RTX3060ti 8GB, WIN10 PRO 64-bit. 10xTB in HDDs total.

I too wonder how they plan to handle station pilot/ECS duties and freight shunting, also local trains if included in the timetable. Going to look a bit odd with Jubilees on 3 coach stoppers or 8F’s shunting coal wagons in a small yard.
    Vern.

You cannot say that Vern. If DTG says it's realistic, then it must be buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Well finding myself beside the Steam gift vouchers in Asda this morning and a bit of spare cash in my pocket... I've folded and pre-ordered.

Guess that makes me the TS dot com guinea pig for this one.
    Vern.

Hahahahahahahahaha, you guinea pig away young Vern.

I am not purchasing any DTG rubbish, buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

From discussion on the DTG forum following the last “stream”, starting to look as if this might have been rushed. Parts of the route looking a bit bare. AI fireman not working to the level of MSTS or TSC, looks like you will never run out of steam. No facility to manage firing or boiler yourself. The eventual response from DTG to the lack of catering vehicles seems to be we are getting more than enough stock for the route as it is…
    Vern.

You are not surprised, are you Vern ? Sorry to carp on buddy, but it's 3 letters that spell disaster DTG.

Disaster Twonk Games.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

If you wanted Steam try Railroads Online. I'm not a steam guy and someone released a version and the rest was history.

Thanks

Sean
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

Further response from Matt over there is that the regulator probably needs further work as currently there is instant response to input, steam chest delay not reflected.

Really think they need to put release back a few weeks to iron out these issues.

But it's DTG, so they won't, it will be bundled out with numerous errors and vague talk of fixing it or giving it to the "Preservation Crew" to tinker with,
    Vern.