Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Steam in TSW2.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    .....All down to carrots buddy, trust me.

Mike.
    You're starting to sound like Bugs Bunny!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    You're starting to sound like Bugs Bunny!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, naaaaaaaaaaa what's up doc

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Banned from their cruddy forum again, but only for a week.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Banned from their cruddy forum again, but only for a week.

Mike.
    You're only missing the fanbois cooing over TSW3.

All that hype and frankly what a load of crap.

UK gets a made over and slightly extended Kent High Speed.

Germany gets a route from Kassel (where?) to Wurzburg (also, where?).

America gets Cajon which garners a flicker of interest but unless it gets working hump yards at West Colton and Barstow plus serving local industry I think Run 8 can rest easy.

The core improvements are only what they should have got right in TSW2 in the first place.
    Vern.

Oh that finally reared it's ugly head then Vern. So exactly what you probably expected is it buddy.

Naughty Mr M, even i know where Kassel and Wurzburg are. But there again we were there, well my dad was to stop the Russians during the 1950's. The families were just cannon fodder

Does it give the length of the Cajon route, Vern ? Problem is that like TSC, there isn't any AI shunting in TSW. So everything is just static scenery. I believe that Run8 does have that function, although i have never seen it in operation. Core improvements, so users will get a ratio of 1 fix too every 3 new broken features buddy

Sorry to always be so negative, but it is a pile of horse manure.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

They are releasing information via their ridiculous streams, so drip feeding, but I have heard West Colton is not included so missing one of the major yards supporting the route. It will be A to B runs up and down the hill with a bit of random switching.

Wurzburg and Kassel I had actually heard of but doesn’t stand out like doing the Rhine Valley or similar.

As I said will keep an eye out for it hitting the sales later in the year or early next year.
    Vern.

Waste of time and money then Vern. I don't want Run8 installed at the moment. But to be fair, it is the best at US railroad operations. Just wish they would do something about the lacklustre scenery.

Hahahahahahaha, fair play buddy.

Yup if you enjoy the game get it as cheap as possible. No TSW3 here and if i do succumb to temptation.

You can berate me, until the cows come home.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Last edited by haverfordwest; 08-10-2022 at 07:44 AM.
    Yma O Hyd

I think I'll skip TSW3. I've hardly touched TSW2 (less than 2 hours) and only forty hours in 2020. I could have had more hours in game if I had been remotely interested in the silly 'collectables' I guess. The two plastic routes, 'test trak', and the 'Cajon' portion...make me want to re-install TANE instead.
    Avidly simming on the rails:
    Currently operating Run 8

WI don't want Run8 installed at the moment. But to be fair, it is the best at US railroad operations. Just wish they would do something about the lacklustre scenery.

Mike.
    Tried R8 again yesterday evening for about 10 minutes, but that Donner scenery is awful, lo res and still get the loco jinking going around corners. Shame because as you say operationally still the best US sim.

Just monitoring and watching re TSW3, plenty of time to decide. Who knows if the initial pre-orders aren't that good they may put in a deal for those who just want the core game updated. But at the moment the cheapest is £30 for a single route pack either Cajon or Wurzburg so no sale here from me.
    Vern.