Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam in TSW2.

Well well well, i saw your post on the fanboi forum Vern.

Surprised you don't find much wrong with it. From YT reviews i have watched, it seems pretty dismall in regards realism, buddy.

BUT, your money and your choice Vern. So hopefully you will get some good use out of it.

Shortness of the route, well all routes in TSW2 puts me off. Where as in TSC Wycombe Line, i can do a run from Lapworth to Taplow, about 100 miles end to end. With a much more realistic steam loco. No women on the footplate either

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

More likely to run the steam over NTP once I get the hang of them Mike. As I said at the fanboi forum, not a patch on the Bossman stuff in TSC but I had to give it a go.
    Vern.

Yeah fair play, Vern. Thank goodness we don't all like the same things buddy.

How are you finding the experience anyway. Steam any good in TSW2 or likely to be in the future ?

I guess a 35 mile end to end route. Could be a bit more interesting running unfitted minerals, at 30mph loaded and 25mph empty.

At least that would be over an hours run.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

@Vern, i just purchased it

You need to apply for your salesman commision, from DTG buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I would rate it okay though certainly nothing to shout about and not a patch on the TSC pro stuff.

However I'm sufficiently interested and stubborn enough to stay with it and see where DTG go - hopefully not another isolated release that gets abandoned. As you said over at the other place it needs filling out with all sorts of different locos and coaches/wagons not just the handful it came with. Now I got the brakes released on that "Branch Freight", off for an unfitted 25 MPH trundle. They also need to sort out the firing and give us proper readings for fire mass and boiler water level.
    Vern.

Route is bland, uninhabited and everything is too clean. Need houses and factories with dirty textures, not oh look these have all just been built.

Loco's look ok detail wise. But just as good by Victory Works and Bossman for TSC.

Not enough loco ambient sounds above 20mph, certainly nothing that sounds like real world loco's.

Suppose they were recorded on a tourist railway at walking speed.

Biggest laugh i had was some muppet thinks it is authentic. To have a string of MK1's, in a consist. maroon, crimson and cream, maroon, crimson and cream. All the way along the consist, alternately.

I will only be trundling Vern. A passenger working is going to be over in the blink of an eye.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

The 8F also slips like billy-oh. Doing that branch freight you have to restart several times including backing up a 1 in 100 gradient. 70% cut off and 10 - 15% regulator just started to spin. Sander has no effect. On the first attempt started rolling forward so applied loco brake and just slid. Second attempt I somehow managed to jiggle the brake and regulator to get going (also had the handbrake in Guard's van about half on).

Think you are right about the sound recordings, done on the GCR at Loughborough I think.

I knew what to expect from the route detail having watched a few YT clips. Guess they figured people will be so busy with the loco they wouldn't notice. So while I'm getting a bit of fun out of it doesn't change my view it was rushed out at least two months too early and everything needs a lot more polish, which sadly being DTG it probably won't get.
    Vern.

Vern, you have to jump off the loco (stuff the rule book). And pin down the unfitted wagons. Get her going again, then jump off and unpin them again running alongside to re-board

Is unfitted, fitted, through pipe, all modelled properly in TSW2 buddy ? Also can you partially pin the unfitted wagon brakes down, or is it all or nothing ? Fair play about GCR, must be difficult to get authentic sounds at speed.

Yup i watched enough YT vids about the route release. Nobody twisted my arm to buy it, well only you anyway

Are there any freight runs included for the Jubilee, which is about all they were good for

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I will have to try that Mike. Knowing DTG, probably another feature they haven’t quite got right.
    Vern.

When you up the intensity of the graphics and scenery, your routes are going to be shorter because of development time. Doesn't matter how many monkeys you have building your scenery. I can't fault them for shorter routes just like I can't fault others for less than stellar graphics.

Thanks

Sean
    Railroader - Coming To Steam 2023
    My Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    My YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS