Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam in TSW2.

Yma O Hyd

They’ve certainly done a good job on the stations etc. It’s the scenery away from the line that needs another pass, plus the steam physics and the broken scenarios. I know I’ve been moaning a bit about certain aspects but I don’t regret buying it, just waiting for a Jubilee run to come round in the Journey/Career mode list,
    Vern.

Steam physics are very lacklustre, Vern. Scenery i am pleased there isn't a brazilian rainforest along the track side.

It is no worse than the rest of the UK releases, which is all i buy, these days. Gone are the days where i used to buy every addon for MSTS and TS20xx. I have been strongly considering buying Farm Simulator 2022. My son - in - law, plays it on the latest X Box thingie. Looks very good, graphically and game play wise.

TSW2 really winds me up in that it always tries to force the player to do the tutorials. I did the 8F one, until i got bored waiting at a signal to clear. But now if i choose SoS from the menu, it keeps auto starting the Jub tutorial

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Then it wants you to follow the magic ball where there are more ways to switch a route. It's no worse than some activities for MSTS that require a certain set of procedures.

I played Farm Simulator for a little bit and it is addictive. I found it boring after a while though. American Truck Simulator on the other hand has been a pleasant diversion with my son on evenings I take my server down.

Thanks

Sean
    Railroader - Coming To Steam 2023
    My Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    My YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

I played FS17 for a while, tried FS19 but they really dumbed down the physics, no rolling inertia whatsoever with the tractors etc.

I've been eyeing the '22 version but not sure if it's worth getting at full price.

I also kind of lost interest when the main UK forum for the game abruptly shut down a couple of years ago.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I played FS17 for a while, tried FS19 but they really dumbed down the physics, no rolling inertia whatsoever with the tractors etc.

I've been eyeing the '22 version but not sure if it's worth getting at full price.

I also kind of lost interest when the main UK forum for the game abruptly shut down a couple of years ago.

FS22 is lovely but sparse in mods yet- there are a couple of really good UK farms (by Oxygen David iirc) that you can get a better idea about from a YouTuber named Daggerwin (I enjoy his channel very much). I have FS19 which was good in MP, I ran a server for about six months last year (via G-portal) and the few of us seemed to enjoy working the farms we had set up. Like any MP game, I usually only play with like-minded people, so no smacktards need apply, lol.

Oh I should say something about Steam in TSW. I just have the base sim, and iirc one of the German DLCs and the UK tourist rail track..West Somerset I believe (which I thought was pretty decent except the route felt like it was a hundred yards long). No steam traction yet.
    Avidly simming on the rails:
    Currently operating Run 8

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf85 View Post
    FS22 is lovely but sparse in mods yet- there are a couple of really good UK farms (by Oxygen David iirc) that you can get a better idea about from a YouTuber named Daggerwin (I enjoy his channel very much). I have FS19 which was good in MP, I ran a server for about six months last year (via G-portal) and the few of us seemed to enjoy working the farms we had set up. Like any MP game, I usually only play with like-minded people, so no smacktards need apply, lol.

Oh I should say something about Steam in TSW. I just have the base sim, and iirc one of the German DLCs and the UK tourist rail track..West Somerset I believe (which I thought was pretty decent except the route felt like it was a hundred yards long). No steam traction yet.
    If you buy Spirit of Steam then you can run the Jubilee and 8F on West Somerset in Off The Rails mode, or look on Creators' for ready made scenarios that have been uploaded. Like all UK heritage railways, the West Somerset has a 25 MPH maximum speed with lower restrictions at various crossings and stations. Makes it a bit of a trundle with diesel but steam might actually require a bit of work.

Edit: Just called up FS22 on Steam and still selling for £34.99 in the UK. Eeek. Think I'll wait for a price drop and/or sale.
    Last edited by NorthernWarrior; 07-20-2022 at 12:49 PM.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post

I need to ponder longer about FS22, Vern. Look at more YT videos as well. So there is nowhere like the SCS forum, but for Farm Simulator, buddy ? That is only £10 more than SoS Vern, which was only a DLC not full game.

Thanks for the info, Leaf85

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I enjoyed the UK steam a lot in Railworks/TS, and enjoyed many of the period routes, so was hoping they'd actually do steam traction justice in this version.
    Avidly simming on the rails:
    Currently operating Run 8

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf85 View Post
    I enjoyed the UK steam a lot in Railworks/TS, and enjoyed many of the period routes, so was hoping they'd actually do steam traction justice in this version.
    Well it is and it isn't. There's a lot of stuff not yet present such as any meaningful way to manage steam production yourself and the physics are not 100% There's also the stupid DTG clown school level errors of putting fitted wagons in between unfitted instead of being marshalled behind the loco, so you have to go down the train and release the brakes manually on the vehicles concerned. I'm having quite a blast and apart from a couple of brief looks at a German route I bought for TSC at the same time, I've been compulsively dragged back into SoS each time.

Obviously not as good as the high level steam products in TSC (Bossman, Victory Works, Caledonia etc.), but with a bit of polish and some additional DLC to round out the motive power and rolling stock selection a bit, there is potential there.
    Vern.