Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Steam in TSW2.

Yup but what will TSW3 be Vern, just more of the same. Like all the versions of TS20xx (TSC).

The youngsters will tell you, that you need a massive headlight. On the front of the loco

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    The youngsters will tell you, that you need a massive headlight. On the front of the loco....
    Yeah...how do they see where they're going without headlights?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Not my fault the rest of the world is blind Bruce

No headlights here until the 1980's buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Not my fault the rest of the world is blind Bruce

No headlights here until the 1980's buddy.

Mike.
    It always amused me when I'd hear adults wondering how British train drivers could drive without headlights; "How could they see things ahead?", they'd say.
    When it was explained that really, the only things they needed to see ahead were signals, they still couldn't grasp the fact that, on rails, you can travel through the dark without headlights.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I built a RW scenario for a contest on another site and it was basically a passenger run, leaving Newcastle at 2315h (headed for Darlington, with passenger pick-ups/drop offs along the way at one other station...can't recall the name). The player operated a Black Five and basically as you left the environs of the city it got dark...real dark. I got absolutely pilloried...because it was too dark. Really? It was a 'night-time' scenario lol.
    Avidly simming on the rails:
    Currently operating Run 8

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    It always amused me when I'd hear adults wondering how British train drivers could drive without headlights; "How could they see things ahead?", they'd say.
    When it was explained that really, the only things they needed to see ahead were signals, they still couldn't grasp the fact that, on rails, you can travel through the dark without headlights.
    It is a weird one Bruce, all about route knowledge. No idea why the rest of the world doesn't get it

Pitch black here Leaf85 at night time. Once outside the village area. You cannot see your hand in front of you.

Unless of course it's a full moon or similar.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

It is a weird one Bruce, all about route knowledge. No idea why the rest of the world doesn't get it

Pitch black here Leaf85 at night time. Once outside the village area. You cannot see your hand in front of you.

Unless of course it's a full moon or similar.

Mike.
    Yeah, I had done a lot of research on the night-time driving in the UK because here in North America 'If there ain't a bright light, it ain't right' and the power had (and has) a lot of light. I wanted to get it right, as at the time I was hugely enamoured by S&D route pre-1960's. I think I had more steam than plastic at that time. Anyway, different philosophies for sure.

Plus we ate a lot of carrots, during the war.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

plus we ate a lot of carrots, during the war. :d

mike.
    lmao!

Thats why the RAF could hit targets at night, on bombing raids. But the USAAF couldn't hit anything during their daylight raids. Even with the Norden bombsight.

All down to carrots buddy, trust me.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd