Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What OTTO can or can't do?

Yeah I see that now. I'll find a way to capture the data before getting overwritten by the next train.

Thanks

Sean
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

Quote Originally Posted by SCLALINE View Post
    I haven't watched your video just yet. But I did notice some WB trains from the V3 Busy Barstow simply keep moving past BAR and heading to other regions. In fact nothing attempted to entered BAR for a few hours.

WC on the other hand works like a charm and indeed will route itself into the next available receiving track.

I'll watch it today and hopefully catch what I'm missing.

I did confirm that BAR in the routings file is set for W Receiving. or BAR Main 3 only.

Thanks

Sean
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

Sean, you touch on the issue I wanted to delve into on the Hyrail Live Video. I usually build and save my trains with symbols. For example, I might create Q177-13 then a Q177-14. They are all Q177, but I know what they look like, which cars they are. You don't control Otto in the sense that you can order a specific train. At least from what I saw.

Jason clued me into another feature that is helpful is car filtering. I can at least choose what cars will be spawned even if not necessarily the order.

The other thing I'm not too clear on is how trains move between routes. Before V3, my Southern Cal had 35 trains, moving between LA and Seligman. I don't intend to put Otto through that, but I was wondering if Otto transition trains between routes.

I appreciate people in the know taking the time to dumb it down. I've spent more time looking and trying to understand the XML files than playing the game.

? Couple of example symbols from v2
    BNSF(bak) UP(bk)

I've entered them in v3 hump without issue
    My ? if I create a departing trn from the humps with those style tags on lead unit
    Will Otto be able to route once released?.
    If I need to manually enter them in the Train Routing XML beforehand.
    How should they be properly typed in, just as they are? or. will Otto not understand having that style of entry.
    Thank You!.

I found the AutoDS PDF once again.
    In there I understand BNSF needing to look like this example M-BARBAK, etc. &,
    UP MWCBK etc.

Now visiting the online XML tool, the entries in there are BAK, BK, only.
    In the PDF says not to use 2-letter codes only

My? for XML tool use, does it, or will it auto fill in ahead of the BAK, BK for Otto to recognize?

I can also envision during an update perhaps 4-letter symbol being seen by Otto
    Example those of us that may wish to allow SJVR to work along the mains example Bakersfield areas under contract etc.
    along with other 4-letter codes down towards L.A.
    Last edited by SMRY; 01-28-2022 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    I found the AutoDS PDF once again.
    In there I understand BNSF needing to look like this example M-BARBAK, etc. &,
    UP MWCBK etc.

Now visiting the online XML tool, the entries in there are BAK, BK, only.
    In the PDF says not to use 2-letter codes only

My? for XML tool use, does it, or will it auto fill in ahead of the BAK, BK for Otto to recognize?

I can also envision during an update perhaps 4-letter symbol being seen by Otto
    Example those of us that may wish to allow SJVR to work along the mains example Bakersfield areas under contract etc.
    along with other 4-letter codes down towards L.A.
    Scott , in the XML for UP trains your correct a symbol like MWCRV and BNSF symbol like H-BARSTO. I think the priority is set by symbol so an M is lower than an H. Amtrak falls into the Z and Q area for routing
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by deltapooh View Post
    Sean, you touch on the issue I wanted to delve into on the Hyrail Live Video. I usually build and save my trains with symbols. For example, I might create Q177-13 then a Q177-14. They are all Q177, but I know what they look like, which cars they are. You don't control Otto in the sense that you can order a specific train. At least from what I saw.

Jason clued me into another feature that is helpful is car filtering. I can at least choose what cars will be spawned even if not necessarily the order.

The other thing I'm not too clear on is how trains move between routes. Before V3, my Southern Cal had 35 trains, moving between LA and Seligman. I don't intend to put Otto through that, but I was wondering if Otto transition trains between routes.

I appreciate people in the know taking the time to dumb it down. I've spent more time looking and trying to understand the XML files than playing the game.
    So lets try and answer here for you.
    You can make your own trains up and in the AI menu save them in the option there called Saved Train. Now click on Train Symbols top right corner. Now you see a blank and again in the top right corner it says add new train. Click there and it opens up a to a window that says Saved Trains. Scroll throw your made up trains and hit the button that says Use Saved Train. Now it will show in the AI Trains Menu showing you the file name New Train Symbol ..now don't forget to slide the Probability over to have the train spawn. You can do this for any train you have for that Spawn Point.
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    ? Couple of example symbols from v2
    BNSF(bak) UP(bk)

I've entered them in v3 hump without issue
    My ? if I create a departing trn from the humps with those style tags on lead unit
    Will Otto be able to route once released?.
    If I need to manually enter them in the Train Routing XML beforehand.
    How should they be properly typed in, just as they are? or. will Otto not understand having that style of entry.
    Thank You!.

Scott remember to take or change the word Hump when you finish humping so that it can run back as an AI. What I usually do is like this SLK 1 Hump and when it finishes and automatically stops I make the symbol SLK 1 Hum. Just by removing the P it will AI back down the track it came from.
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    Scott , in the XML for UP trains your correct a symbol like MWCRV and BNSF symbol like H-BARSTO. I think the priority is set by symbol so an M is lower than an H. Amtrak falls into the Z and Q area for routing
    I'm not looking at priorities, just that in the PDF the symbol structure is example M-BARBAK & MWCBK, which I understand
    meanwhile when we open the online XML tool for that train-routing-XML the entries already there are both just 3 & 2 letter codes examples BAK, BK
    what I'm asking about the tool is does it fill in the other portions of symbol, the PDF says is needed for Otto to understand

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    Scott remember to take or change the word Hump when you finish humping so that it can run back as an AI. What I usually do is like this SLK 1 Hump and when it finishes and automatically stops I make the symbol SLK 1 Hum. Just by removing the P it will AI back down the track it came from.
    yes understood about the hump team.
    the ? was for departing trns after haven been humped, somewhat mis leading on my part.,

Anyways, still much appreciated!
    Last edited by SMRY; 01-28-2022 at 10:34 PM.