Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: An observation

Adding to the list of sites for symbols here is a throw back for CSX symbols and these symbols are what you might see on the SE routes for the time frame and years.

https://web.archive.org/web/20031207...eightMenu.html
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    USING AUTO-OTTO

Okay....from what I've been able to arrive at so far, through trial and error (and that is several hours of both!) is that each time you load a save, you have to initiate Otto again. He does not remember the paths he set in the previous session.
    In fact, if you saved the session with Otto in active mode, when you reload it he will have been disabled.
    It is necessary, therefore, to treat each reload of a previous save as a new exercise and initiate Otto each time.

This also means that the first signal that you will approach (or be sitting at) will be red and you will have to request Otto to do something about it.

One thing I've learned is that it is no good "cheating" (looking at the despatcher's screen), seeing that the signal a mile or so ahead is red and then asking Otto to clear it. You will be told to call up again when you are at the control point.
    So take it easy if you are tooling along at 55 mph and see a SAD ahead of you!

There is an anomaly I experienced where I was approaching an Approach Medium signal (flashing yellow over red).
    The next signal, 1.1 miles ahead, I would have expected to be an Approach (solid yellow over red) but no....it was a red over red!!
    Fortunately I had reduced speed after passing the flashing yellow and was able to stop in time and would have liked to have been able to send a string of expletives to Otto.....but we can't do that.

I am now into Bakersfield proper and am looking forward to seeing how the Otto Mated despatcher handles things.
    Bruce do you remember the location of that signal.
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    Bruce do you remember the location of that signal.
    Not 100% exact, but it was between Una, at the end of the Bakersfield Sub despatcher screen, and the start of the next despatcher screen. I had restarted a save.

It was the Una tower which responded to my request to get clearance. I was still on the Bakersfield screen.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Not 100% exact, but it was between Una, at the end of the Bakersfield Sub despatcher screen, and the start of the next despatcher screen. I had restarted a save.

It was the Una tower which responded to my request to get clearance. I was still on the Bakersfield screen.
    Thanks, I'll check it out
    Work Safe play hard

An observation of my own.
    Since v3 came along.
    I feel so, so much older. Can't remember many of the features carried over from v2, "hell",
    can't remember from day to day. I've lost sleep, several meals, some meals caught just before the flashover point, lol.
    I'd like to take the time to Thank all the R8-Team, as feels like Christmas day at this end at times. Was a lonely time otherwise this past year, haven, just laid Dear Bonnie down for her eternal rest not too long ago. I'm really feeling my age since v3's release. I surely hope R8-Team not trying to do me in at a faster pace?. lol.

Hey man I'm just glad you got to see it. If and when V3 was going to drop I didn't expect it to pull me back in. It has turned my free time upside down. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I believe today's stream had 600 views which may pull in a record for me. I was looking for Youtube content since this dropped. Glad we've all figured out lots of what is happening and had some great support from team members. Mikey was watching as I was in the NE this afternoon for a bit. Jason had a great video as I was streaming the other night for the 1st time that explained quite a bit. Some trial and errors and as I said jokingly "you'll soon have answers". This is why we do what we do. Hats off to the Run8 team for an amazing release.

Thanks

Sean
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

Same here. Thought I would play it for an hour or so then drop back across to TSW2.
    Not so!
    Once I've finished my current run across the territory, I want to set up the SIAM TE91 "day of challenge" to see how Otto deals with it.
    I'm also firmly pencilling in a purchase of Bakersfield Sub and the Arvin branch line to round out the SoCal collection.

There are a few bugs and changes that aren't quite to my taste but hopefully the former will get fixed and the latter, well life ain't perfect.

Doesn't mean I've lost interest in the other game(s), watching eagerly over at the DTG forums re Spirit Of Steam etc. But for now I'm definitely camped out in the western US!
    Vern.