Thread: connect the airhose

Default connect the airhose

my train will still not move at all when the i can connect air hose back to the consists and after i do that it will not move at all. is there something i am doing wrong. everytime i pick up freight cars or dropped off freight cars reconnect the coupler and air hose the train will not move at all.

Jdark34

Quote Originally Posted by Jdark34 View Post
    my train will still not move at all when the i can connect air hose back to the consists and after i do that it will not move at all. is there something i am doing wrong. everytime i pick up freight cars or dropped off freight cars reconnect the coupler and air hose the train will not move at all.
    Jdark34
    Once you have the trainlines back together have you gone thru the steps to open the anglecocks?. Partial, followed by open fully, then allow the eng(s) a short time to handle its air duties. Both anglecocks where the hitch being performed must be open at the end of your routine. Also during that time waiting for both sides to equalize, check for handbrakes.

ok i will give that a try and see what happens

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Must be OR,far too complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdark34 View Post
    ok i will give that a try and see what happens
    If you find that too realistic or time consuming...just use "Shift+/", initializes brakes.
    7.6.2 Initialize Brakes
    Entering this command fully releases the train brakes. Usually the train must be fully stopped for this to be allowed. This action is usually not prototypical. Check the keyboard assignment for the keys to be pressed. The command can be useful in three cases:
    • A good number of locomotives do not have correct values for some brake parameters in the .eng file; MSTS ignores these; however OR uses all these parameters, and it may not allow the brakes to release fully. Of course, it would be more advisable to correct these parameters.
    • It may happen that the player does not want to wait for the time needed to recharge the brakes; however the use of the command in this case is not prototypical of course.
    • The player may wish to immediately connect brake lines and recharge brakes after a coupling operation; again, the use of the command is not prototypical.
    Note that this command does not work if the Emergency Brake button has been pressed – the button must be pressed again to cancel the emergency brake condition.
    For a full list of parameters, see Developing OR Content - Parameters and Tokens
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by ragtimer View Post
    Must be OR,far too complicated.
    Your dislike for something as user friendly and headache free as OR is baffling to me. To each his own I guess

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

OR does nothing for me,and there are obviously many bugs with it.As I say,too complicated.They forgot the KISS principle.MSTS with BIN does everything I want.