Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: www.dieselswest.com

Quote Originally Posted by kevhead View Post
    Yea we have problems like that but anywho what about dekosoft? I ordered something from them and lost $10.00 from them they sent a link that does not work but they still got my 10 bucks. Are they legit? I got a link but it does nothing. nothing in spam folder and you cannot seem to report them on pay pal for some reason that got no where also. Dang.
    Dekosoft went belly up ages ago didn't it?

Website is still up!
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    Dekosoft went belly up ages ago didn't it?
    Completely false, they still have a website, forum , and a Facebook page. Just might be one of those things where it takes time for you to get your product.
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

More like Dekosoft came back after a several years hiatus...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    Website is still up!
    They also have a facebook page.

AJ

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

From memory,DW do not attach a code to unzip their files,so they are wide open to pirating.I think all the other payware vendors have some form of security (Conbuilder especially).The outcome is obvious.

The install key used by various packages is only protection against unzipping what's on the download site itself.

Once unzipped, all content for ORTS or MSTS is vulnerable. That's why honor matters and pirates get ejected from this site no matter how brilliant they might be.

Executables like Conbuilder have the ability to do a more rigid license check at runtime, but content can't, and I don't think we want ORTS moving in that direction. License enforcement becomes a problem of its own with OS upgrades, new/failed PC's or the seller no longer supporting the product (I bought a commercial license for Dynatrax only to have the author pass away and nobody else having access to the source code..).

Relying on honor has its issues, but I think I'd still rather promote that vs. the DRM monster called Steam...

Born and raised in Brooklyn N.Y., now live in Hamilton Township, N.J., USA.

I have a dilemma, quite some years back, I suffered a massive loss!!! There was a power spike, which fried my hardware and took all my MSTS software with it!!! Then if that isn't bad enough, we moved, and 2 boxes of MSTS CDs just disappeared!!! How do I get back everything I lost without having to repurchase everything? I owned all Dieselswest, Dekosoft, Mapleleaftracks, Makingtracks, Streamlines, 3DTrains, 3DTrainStuff, BEW, Gaeton Belanger, to name a small handful, and so many more!!! I don't want to resort to piracy, as I don't trust that there may be nasty things added!!! While I didn't purchase everything, it was purchased for me from friends, girlfriends, and family through the years, so there's an sentimental aspect, as it reminds me of these wonderful folks, some of whom are now deceased!!! Please help me!!!
    Thanks in Advance! Sincerely, Joseph "Joe" Anthony Marchetti

Quote Originally Posted by GG12332 View Post
    I have a dilemma, quite some years back, I suffered a massive loss!!! There was a power spike, which fried my hardware and took all my MSTS software with it!!! Then if that isn't bad enough, we moved, and 2 boxes of MSTS CDs just disappeared!!! How do I get back everything I lost without having to repurchase everything? I owned all Dieselswest, Dekosoft, Mapleleaftracks, Makingtracks, Streamlines, 3DTrains, 3DTrainStuff, BEW, Gaeton Belanger, to name a small handful, and so many more!!! I don't want to resort to piracy, as I don't trust that there may be nasty things added!!! While I didn't purchase everything, it was purchased for me from friends, girlfriends, and family through the years, so there's an sentimental aspect, as it reminds me of these wonderful folks, some of whom are now deceased!!! Please help me!!!
    Not being snarky...just realistic...a scenario that is comparable...friends and family have purchased gifts for you over the years...and somehow you've lost some of them...will you ask the retailers that sold these gifts to family and friends to replace them? ...and actually expect them to do so?

I just know you will bridle at my comparison, but I think it's apt. We all have personal dilemma's --- some of them not our fault --- but ultimately you've got to own them.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

I would start digging...those you purchased from will likely only consider your request for replacement if you can show proof of purchase.Many of the suppliers, Diesels West, Dekosoft, 3DTrains to name a few, have basically gone from being active publishers to a catch-as-catch can status. Start by sending emails to the publishers that you can get access to. Most still have web sites. If you resort to piracy, may you reap what you sow. Might look into how-to-backup data while on the web. Lightning strikes more than once and more often with aging computer gear.