Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D Trains Purchase - No Response

Understandable, after so many years...however I would hope something could be done to keep the Feather River available for use, also the updates to Cajon and Tehachapi routes. I realize these are older routes, however, ( and especially the Feather River ) they are still well done, and no newer OR versions are on the horizon. The Feather River was exceptionally well done and holds up well in OR.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

We would hope that if Marc can no longer maintain the 3DTrains line, then at least he could place it with another vendor. Other vendors have done that. But then again, some vendors were unable to do so, and those lines were lost. It would be such a shame if the 3DTrains line were to be lost.

To be fair, with the level of criticism leveled at Marc over the last few years, why he should want to go and have someone else act as a caretaker?

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi Folks,

Looks like Marc's domain expired - not a good sign.

Regards,
    Scott
    The domain is still there, but the website has issues.
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    The domain is still there, but the website has issues.
    Issues? Don't know what it looks like Down Under but below is what I am seeing Top Side :-)
    Top line indicates that the domain name is now available for lease. That indicates Marc did not pay his bill and has ignored warning emails.
    3dtrains.JPG
    Charles

I guess this is just another nail in the coffin of Sherman Hill route. For some crazy reason, I was still holding onto the slightest bit of hope that it would be completed. So near to completion; such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt C View Post
    I guess this is just another nail in the coffin of Sherman Hill route. For some crazy reason, I was still holding onto the slightest bit of hope that it would be completed. So near to completion; such a shame.
    Well, that's the risk of putting up $$$$ for what was pitched as BETA. Initial progress with updates that were downloaded. Same holds true for Tehachapi. I bought both, but I knew my way around in the old MSTS route editor. I figured I could always finish it up if no further progress was ever made. But that doesn't work for those with little or no experience or no desire to monkey with the RE. With TRES one can do the same for those who wish. Basically, it's a roll of the dice with stuff promoted as BETA with supplied updates at intervals. One just never knows if it'll go belly up therefore in my mind unwise to spend money on it unless you have the know how to progress with it if the project folds.

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    Well, that's the risk of putting up $$$$ for what was pitched as BETA. Initial progress with updates that were downloaded. Same holds true for Tehachapi. I bought both, but I knew my way around in the old MSTS route editor. I figured I could always finish it up if no further progress was ever made. But that doesn't work for those with little or no experience or no desire to monkey with the RE. With TRES one can do the same for those who wish. Basically, it's a roll of the dice with stuff promoted as BETA with supplied updates at intervals. One just never knows if it'll go belly up therefore in my mind unwise to spend money on it unless you have the know how to progress with it if the project folds.
    Have you ever considered that the reason could be medical. And Marc's post of 2/18/22 indicates that it is medical. Those of us that have been customers and/or helpers highly doubt that Marc would ever just walk away.

Show a bit of compassion!
    Charles

Tracert from down under now goes to google in Oz, so the domain must be gone.
    The logic in my previous post was flawed.
    Cheers
    Derek

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I had looked up the DNS record - it shows expired on the 5th of April. I'm sure there must be some grace period to renew.

https://whois.domaintools.com/3dtrains.com

Regards,
    Scott