Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 3D Trains Purchase - No Response

Hooray for Eric Olethicsen! ( my humble apologies for my ...hmmm -- how about jackassery? _ can I say that? ) I just could not resist...it just popped into my empty weak mind.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

IF i want to install MSTS/ORTS for another computer I have a Surfliner Set for the Flash Drive but i won't distributute it

If you have dealt with Marc before you know a couple of things, 1) he's not a great communicator and 2) he uses an expensive server based out of Denver of which I could hardly afford. It's been at least a couple of years since I've spoken to Marc about his business so that might have changed since.

My best guess is to wait a bit and see if the site reappears. This has happened before.

I hope he comes back well.
    We should remember our friends and write down their email addresses and contact numbers just in case. Giving them a call or message from time to time cheers the spirits and fattens the heart.

Fran

Looks like I'm a casualty also.

Marc hosted my V Scale Creations commercial and non-commercial web pages. As of this morning, my page is no longer accessible.

SO... I guess that's it for V Scale Creations! It was right at a 20 year run, I think?
    Andre Ming
    V Scale Creations.com R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by Coonskin View Post
    Looks like I'm a casualty also.

Marc hosted my V Scale Creations commercial and non-commercial web pages. As of this morning, my page is no longer accessible.

SO... I guess that's it for V Scale Creations! It was right at a 20 year run, I think?
    Did not realize he hosted your commercial site also, Andre. Another reason I believe his absence is medically related. Cannot believe he would have left you without notifying you ahead of time.
    Charles

I intended that be no negative reflection at all on Marc. Over the years both Marc and I have been quite informal about our arrangement. I haven't initiated conversion either in who knows how long? SO, this is one of those things that has simply come to pass.

However, I have zero issues with Marc. I've always admired his skills and enjoyed the friendship that we had for several years. I should have made the effort to be more conscientious about staying in contact.

As for V Scale Creations, it's been on life support for quite a while now, anyway. The yearly sales are pathetic.

Now, I will say that it would have been good for me had I copied some of my personal pages I had uploaded to my VSC web space so that it wasn't lost, but I have all the VSC products safely archived should I ever want to reopen a store front.

At this point I am NOT inclined to reopen a VSC web site storefront, instead, I'm inclined to close the VSC chapter of my life and simply have a web site for my own personal use (is that a "blog"?), but I honestly do not know how to go about that.
    Andre Ming

Blogspot on Google is fairly straight forward to learn. If you have an existing domain theres a way to map it to your Blogspot blog to make it easier to access.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Thanks eolesen.

I still own the "vscalecreations" domain as well as a "photoflats" domain. However, I was thinking in terms of a new domain for a personal page.

What kind of storage capacity comes with Blogspot? Or, will I need an account with some other host (Dropbox?) for large files such as routes?
    Andre Ming

Hi gang,

I hope someone can bring back the Geeps and F unit sets?

I still need to get about half of the stuff he had for sale. Mostly the Geeps and the D&RGW passenger stock.

Robert