Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seaboard Coast Line Miami Sub circa 1977

Default Seaboard Coast Line Miami Sub circa 1977

So I'm clearing out some old route projects that have been on the back burner and in various states of completion for years.. This is one I've been working on for probably the better part of a decade. I backdated this route to the mid-late 70's as CSX tore up the line between Coleman, FL and just north of Auburndale, FL and Amtrak's Silver Meteor was rerouted over the ex-ACL line through Orlando something in the late 80's or early 90's.

Here the northbound Silver Meteor, lead by SDP40F #526 passes through the cluster of houses that make up Poyner, FL in summer 1977.

The day before, 526 leads the Meteor out of Wildwood, passing the SCL's engine servicing to finish the trek south to Miami.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

Josh,

Any plans for this route?

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by frliss View Post
    Josh,

Any plans for this route?

Fred
    The plan is to eventually run it all the way to Miami. It’s almost definitely getting released, it just may end up being in beta form. This is my home area so I’ll never be 100% satisfied with how it looks and I’m learning to live with that.

--Josh--

There is a category in the library for partially completed routes, hint - hint - hint....

Quote Originally Posted by dcarleton View Post
    There is a category in the library for partially completed routes, hint - hint - hint....

Sorry, I can't find in the library.
    Regards.
    Mateus

Quote Originally Posted by dcarleton View Post

I’m going to get to a more complete state before I prepare to upload it.. I do have a few other projects that I’ll keep that category in mind for hint-hint-hint...

--Josh--

Quote Originally Posted by scfe_fan View Post
    This is my home area so I’ll never be 100% satisfied with how it looks and I’m learning to live with that.

This has been my struggle with every route I attempt to build. Especially the ones I run every day in reality. If I didn't bite the bullet and just say, yep, this will be good enough, it would never see a release date. Then again.. it's taking me forever to build. haha
    -Shawn Kelley-
    Retired ORTS/MSTS Content Creator
    Conductor - Eastern Maine Railway
    Probably on everyone's ignore list by now.

Quote Originally Posted by scfe_fan View Post
    I’m going to get to a more complete state before I prepare to upload it.. I do have a few other projects that I’ll keep that category in mind for hint-hint-hint...
    I know where you going with that one Josh! hint-hint-hint...

Brandon

Just a few more teasers..

A northbound freight charges up the slight grade as it crosses State Road-17A (now known as Memorial Dr) in south Avon Park, FL with 3 SD40-2's for power.

Oh how times are changing... A shiny new F40PH leads a tired old E8 on the Miami section of the Silver Meteor. At only 9 cars long, the E8 really isn't needed except for the steam heating to the heritage fleet cars.

--Josh--

Cool Incomplete Routes

Quote Originally Posted by magmateus View Post
    Sorry, I can't find in the library.
    Regards.
    Mateus
    There is a incomplete route category in the library. I asked for it a couple years back and Nels
    created it. I have at least one of my routes there, the San Luis & Rio Grande, for which I did
    all of the track and some roads, and extended the line to it's original western end at Creede,
    CO. (interesting place to visit, my wife and I were there last Sept.) I have at least 5 or 6
    routes that I hope to complete, but at 83, I also have instructions for my heirs to move all of
    my unfinished routes to the incomplete section if I don't get them done. I got this idea when
    a fellow in Colorado found he had terminal cancer and had not finished his mega-Colorado
    route. He sent all his unfinished routes to a friend, who sent that one to me, and I then
    finished it and put it in the library. I wonder how many other routes are in this situation.

J. H. Sullivan
    aka landnrailroader