Thread: Ferromex ES45AH Locomotives

Default Ferromex ES45AH Locomotives

A year ago, my friend and fellow railsim buddy Greg Mcrae (aka The_Ontario_Railfan) decided to work on a pair of FXE ES45AH locomotives - one in standard paint, #4800 (second-scheme) and one in the new Ferromex "tiger stripe" scheme, #4821. Technically, these are classified by GE as ES44AC's but are deemed ES45AH's for Ferrocarill Mexicano (aka "Grupo Mexico"). Here's a screenie of FXE #4821 and FXE #4800 leading the C-DKMSUD through Gillette, WY. And, yes of course, they tested LNG tenders on their home freights down in Mexico.

Those look very nice. What model do they use as a 'base," and is there any chance of a public release? Thanks.

As I stated in another post yesterday - great job on these! I echo the previous comment/question regarding any release to the file library.

In replying to wwhall,

They use the CSX ES44AH 3018 from a discontinued SLI trainset.

And in reply to Curt,

Soon (TM)

Quote Originally Posted by ZachBell4400 View Post
    A year ago, my friend and fellow railsim buddy Greg Mcrae (aka The_Ontario_Railfan) decided to work on a pair of FXE ES45AH locomotives - one in standard paint, #4800 (second-scheme) and one in the new Ferromex "tiger stripe" scheme, #4821. Technically, these are classified by GE as ES44AC's but are deemed ES45AH's for Ferrocarill Mexicano (aka "Grupo Mexico"). Here's a screenie of FXE #4821 and FXE #4800 leading the C-DKMSUD through Gillette, WY. And, yes of course, they tested LNG tenders on their home freights down in Mexico.

good !! Very Good !!
    Chimbica Dash8