Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TSM Error

Default TSM Error

Hey guys,

I have came across this error before and I was able to fix it but not quite sure how I did before! Every time I try to un compress a new shape file that I just exported from TSM I get this error or an error like it saying Shape can not be un compressed. I have tried with multiple programs including Shape File Manager, Polymaster and Route Riter. The files I am trying to uncompress are the MILW261_2016.S and MILW261_3FA.s files so I can start finishing this project up and get on to other projects I have under my belt. The odd thing is I can open the shape files like they are already uncompressed and edit them when they really are suppose to be compressed. So far no programs will uncompress them so I can't use SFM and Ploymaster to finish up what I need to do. I am not sure if it has to do where I have something installed or what exactly the case may be. I have tried a few different things with all being the same result. Not sure what I am doing wrong here as I build models all the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

If you can edit them
    In a text file editor, doesn’t that indicate that they are uncompressed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you can open them, they are uncompressed.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Yes that is normally the case but SFM and Polymaster still say that they are compressed and they can not read the files and will not un compress the files either.

Brandon

One thing to try is change the export setting in TSM from compressed to uncompressed (or vice versa) and see what you get.

How would I go about doing that Rick? I don't see an option anywhere I would be able to switch back and forth. Here are the error messages I am receiving when trying to uncompress the files and open them with Polymaster. Everything else seems to be working just fine and I also reinstalled TSM thinking that may have been the issue but the problem is still there. When I go to uncompress and recompress other files everything works just fine its just brand new files that I just got done making that I have the issue with.

Brandon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BrandonS261; 03-06-2022 at 09:05 PM.

I have 1.1 Rick, I can't find anywhere to save as compressed or not compressed either.

Might help Brandon if you could tell us what version your TSM program is. I thought the free version in the library was for viewing drawings but it wouldn't save drawings.

Paul :-)

Default TSM Error

Yeah, I have the professional version. In that version there are several options when you press ‘C’ to create a shape file. One of the check boxes turns compression on or off.

Quote Originally Posted by rfranzosa View Post
    Yeah, I have the professional version. In that version there are several options when you press ‘C’ to create a shape file. One of the check boxes turns compression on or off.

I have the TSM Pro version but still do not see anything.

Brandon

Hi Rick,

I see "Convert Textures", "Compress Textures", "Convert to Binary", "Replace Existing Files", and "Add Ref File Entr".

I thought TSM always exported compressed drawings to MSTS.

Paul :-)