Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: V3 Update Wish List

SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT KIT BUSINESS PLAN

It's been clear that Run8 is not interested in an editor or one that is simply not supported or included with Run8. What I would propose is one that has a much higher buy in price to those serious about developing add on routes and DLC to help Run8 grow.

Though I'm just throwing out a figure as an example. $100 can be used as an itital buy in with a percentage of sales for ongoing support and possible hosting/integration to be provided to Run8. The fee can be the minimal entry cost that would allow development locally but not guarantee any support from Run8 unless it meets their criteria. Run8 helping the developer here with proof of concept of any ideas would then prompt an agreement and ability to beta test among the Run8 team to fine tune before sale and realease to the public with any updates needed to the code to allow the new route or DLC to be integrated.

Thanks

Sean
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

Two thoughts arising from my purchase of Waycross and A-Line…

1. We need a way to identify the exact cars we are missing in consists that appear with default boxcars. This will allow us to go to the shop and purchase what we need rather than guessing.

2. The shop needs a basket so we can add multiple items as one purchase. This is particularly important for overseas customers where our banks charge a handling fee oneach transaction.

Right on both counts, Vern.

Over the years when buying rolling-stock (and locos) I have become totally frustrated by the fact that there is no way to correlate what we have bought with what we still need to acquire in order to replace the R8 box-cars and the R8 locos.

And as for single checkouts for each item.....even Noah counted the animals onto the Ark in pairs!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Indeed Bruce I can look at the TMU and attempt a guess at what I need. But by the same token AFAIK there is no mechanism within the "shop" to prevent accidental purchase of an item you already own which, as the number of rolling stock packs increases, becomes increasingly difficult.

I know 3DTS have no intention of putting Run 8 on Steam and that subject has been debated to death in the past. However the one thing Steam does clearly and unequivocally is tell you whether or not you already own an item.

Would emphasise this is not a whinge but when dealing with the current order mechanism and a no refund/final purchase policy, the shop facility needs to be as flexible and helpful as it can. What would be required to arrange for a link from the game to open the shop page at the item you need, after clicking on it in the TMU or where subbed by a R8 boxcar in a train en route?
    Vern.

Yup and i am still peed off with being charged an overseas surcharge for EACH item purchased.

I bought 9 packs at the time i think it was and each had a 50p surcharge, £4.50.

Instead of one of 50p for the whole lot on one purchase.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Lloyds Bank was 94p per item which is soon going to rack up if I have to purchase several wagon packs individually. I know this isn't directly 3DTS' fault, but as said they could make it easier by having a shopping cart for multiple items in one transaction.
    Vern.

I am with Lloyds Vern, but i am pretty sure it was only 50p a couple of months back.

I better go check again. Yup not a direct moan at 3DTS, it's international banking rules i guess. I have never been a bread head, so have never taken much interest in financial things. But a shopping cart solves the problem, no doubt.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I used the credit card rather than the debit as at one point that was cheaper, actually no fee. Looks like that may have changed.

Another option would be if they accepted Paypal, at least that would remove the fee if not the need to order each item separately.
    Vern.

Think mine is debit card, not sure Vern. Anyway tell a lie it was 8 items with two lots of surcharge for each purchased dlc.........................

18 Mar 22
    NON-GBP PURCH FEE
    DEB 0.50
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    NON-GBP TRANS FEE
    DEB 0.46
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    3D TRAIN STUFF LLC
    DEB 15.39
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    NON-GBP PURCH FEE
    DEB 0.50
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    NON-GBP TRANS FEE
    DEB 0.46
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    3D TRAIN STUFF LLC
    DEB 15.39
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    NON-GBP PURCH FEE
    DEB 0.50
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    NON-GBP TRANS FEE
    DEB 0.22
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    3D TRAIN STUFF LLC
    DEB 7.69
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    NON-GBP PURCH FEE
    DEB 0.50
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    NON-GBP TRANS FEE
    DEB 0.22
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    3D TRAIN STUFF LLC
    DEB 7.69
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    NON-GBP PURCH FEE
    DEB 0.50
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    NON-GBP TRANS FEE
    DEB 0.22
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    3D TRAIN STUFF LLC
    DEB 7.69
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    NON-GBP PURCH FEE
    DEB 0.50
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    NON-GBP TRANS FEE
    DEB 0.22
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    3D TRAIN STUFF LLC
    DEB 7.69
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    NON-GBP PURCH FEE
    DEB 0.50
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    NON-GBP TRANS FEE
    DEB 0.22
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    3D TRAIN STUFF LLC
    DEB 7.69
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    NON-GBP PURCH FEE
    DEB 0.50
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    NON-GBP TRANS FEE
    DEB 0.22
    Debit Card

18 Mar 22
    3D TRAIN STUFF LLC
    DEB 7.69

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

why is Greenstone Surcharging People for DLC?