Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 121

Thread: V3 Update Wish List

  1. #91

    Default

    Geez Mr. Moderator, it appears the hump working correctly able to except the tags with ().
    However, I'm still having issue of Industry stopping at RI won't allow for those other tags after.

    I tried to correct myself here at TS sadly the 30min time limit had passed.

  2. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    Wasn't too sure just where to post this, bug or no bug, or Wishlist. I'm hoping John / Others of the team may see & notice.

    While setting up my version of RV / Industries. I've noticed I've come to a limit while entering my preferred Destination tags for each car that will be leaving industry. I like using 2-letter codes for each State, Providences & General Export Regions.
    At the moment going alphabetically L-to-R. I can't enter anymore tags after RI. Hoping the lines can be extended infinitely.

    These are the tags I used for the other Run8 Regions in v1/v2.
    AL,AK,AZ,AR,CA,CO,CT,DE,FL,PR,VI,GA,HI,ID,IL,IN,IA ,KS,KY,LA,ME,MD,MA,MI,MN,MS,MO,MT,MX,NE,NV,NH,NJ,N M,NY,NC,ND,OH,OK,OR,PA,RI,SC,SD,TN,TX,UT,VT,VA,WA, WV,WI,WY,AB,BC,MB,NB,NL,NT,NS,NU,ON,PE,QC,SK,YT,CA N1,CAN2,CAN3,CAN4.CAN5,EXP1,EXP2,EXP3,EXP4,
    Scott,

    Looks like the total you can enter is 53 destinations from one industry.
    I just copied and pasted your destinations and could get as far as 53.

  3. #93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theswitcher View Post
    Scott,

    Looks like the total you can enter is 53 destinations from one industry.
    I just copied and pasted your destinations and could get as far as 53.
    Thank You! I had kept the default tags in place as well, which caused it to stop at RI, when I ditched the default tags. Copy & pasted my tags it jumped to WA then stopped.
    I surely hope the team will consider growing to limitless. I'd like to keep all my tags as the other CA maps / Industries are using them, along with their humps, & what I like to do is save trains upon exit from one map, safe, copy over to the other maps & continue their journeys dependent where they're going, some passing while others needing to stop at the other humps in S.CA. &, those needing to find their way to RV / Passing etc.

    Again Thank You "theswitcher" sorry for the life of me can't recall your name this morn from RTS-Discord. Least I now know wasn't going buggy, that indeed a limit in place.
    Last edited by SMRY; 09-06-2022 at 08:08 AM.

  4. #94

    Default

    Well, believe going to set Run8 RV aside, as feeling semi-frustrated-saddened not wanting to rework my tag-system-wide.
    A great loss no doubt, just don't have it in me at this time to start anew.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    .
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Suggestion for a future update....

    As it stands right now, if one owns all the subs in Southern California (ie. Barstow, Mojave, SBD, etc.), the dispatch screen for San Bernadino is way too populated for smaller screens (ie. laptops), making everything on it too small to see. And, no means to zoom and pan.
    Maybe zoom/pan might not be feasible, but could it be split up into 2 or 3 separate screens for those running the game on laptops or otherwise don't have large monitors?

  6. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneC0ld View Post
    Suggestion for a future update....

    As it stands right now, if one owns all the subs in Southern California (ie. Barstow, Mojave, SBD, etc.), the dispatch screen for San Bernadino is way too populated for smaller screens (ie. laptops), making everything on it too small to see. And, no means to zoom and pan.
    Maybe zoom/pan might not be feasible, but could it be split up into 2 or 3 separate screens for those running the game on laptops or otherwise don't have large monitors?
    StonC0ld, this is already implemented.

    Press tab on those combo screens to zoom in
    Press Tab again to switch between the 3 zoomed in screens.
    (Press F3 to switch to the next Route)

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    .
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrainSimJack View Post
    StonC0ld, this is already implemented.

    Press tab on those combo screens to zoom in
    Press Tab again to switch between the 3 zoomed in screens.
    (Press F3 to switch to the next Route)
    Ok, gotcha. Thanks
    Still got a lot of keyboard controls to learn.... Saw that function in the keyboard assignments when I looked through them, but didn't have a dispatch screen that actually needed it at that timee, so I couldn't try it and confirm it...

  8. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneC0ld View Post
    Still got a lot of keyboard controls to learn....
    When I was new, the navigation keyboard commands were the hardest to learn.
    I did some research and came up with the following and I've used it ever since, it's served me well.

    Check out the list below and see if any of these look like they would make your life easier:

    Name Original key New Key Why?
    CameraFreeFly LShift F12 F F=fly, it's easier to reach with one hand, easier to remember
    Note that it's also the flashlight key, which you might consider remapping to shift F.
    Camera Ground F12 G G=Ground, it's easier to remember, easier to reach with your hand on the WASD keys
    EngineerView LeftControl+F11 R R=engineeRRRRR, it's easier to remember, easier to reach with one hand on the WASD keys
    EngineerViewHeadOut RightAlt+DownArrow Shift-R Shift-R, a variant of R, with a similar purpose is easier to remember than right alt down arrow, and is easier to reach with one hand on the WASD keys.
    AttachedPointChangeTo F11 T t=aTTachpointT, somewhat easier to remember, easier to reach with one had on the WSAD keys
    EOTView LeftControl+F12 Shift-T Shift-T = End of TTTTTTrain, somewhat easier to remember, easier to type with one hand over the WASD keys.
    CabViewDecrement Left Shift F11 [ Brackets - slightly easier to remember and can be hit with a single finger - since they are a pair, visually your brain will remember that they go together.
    CabViewIncrement Right Shift F11 ] You are far more likely to remember that [ & ] change your view than you are to remember Left and Right shifting, while pressing F11

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Metro Vancouver
    Posts
    3,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrainSimJack View Post
    When I was new, the navigation keyboard commands were the hardest to learn.
    I did some research and came up with the following and I've used it ever since, it's served me well.

    Check out the list below and see if any of these look like they would make your life easier:

    Name Original key New Key Why?
    CameraFreeFly LShift F12 F F=fly, it's easier to reach with one hand, easier to remember
    Note that it's also the flashlight key, which you might consider remapping to shift F.
    Camera Ground F12 G G=Ground, it's easier to remember, easier to reach with your hand on the WASD keys
    EngineerView LeftControl+F11 R R=engineeRRRRR, it's easier to remember, easier to reach with one hand on the WASD keys
    EngineerViewHeadOut RightAlt+DownArrow Shift-R Shift-R, a variant of R, with a similar purpose is easier to remember than right alt down arrow, and is easier to reach with one hand on the WASD keys.
    AttachedPointChangeTo F11 T t=aTTachpointT, somewhat easier to remember, easier to reach with one had on the WSAD keys
    EOTView LeftControl+F12 Shift-T Shift-T = End of TTTTTTrain, somewhat easier to remember, easier to type with one hand over the WASD keys.
    CabViewDecrement Left Shift F11 [ Brackets - slightly easier to remember and can be hit with a single finger - since they are a pair, visually your brain will remember that they go together.
    CabViewIncrement Right Shift F11 ] You are far more likely to remember that [ & ] change your view than you are to remember Left and Right shifting, while pressing F11


    Thats the nice thing about Run8 as you can program the keys commands that work for you.
    Work Safe play hard

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    6,339

    Default

    I mentioned Clinchfield in passing a few pages back but having played around with the TSW version a bit more recently I definitely am of the opinion this would be an excellent territory and area to add to the Run 8 variety. Scenic Appalachian wooded valleys and hills. Curving and steeply graded main and branch lines. A mixture of signalled and dark territory. Multiple sites for coal loading. The chance to finally get some F7's and other earlier era diesels in there. Hopefully at some point this could be adopted...
    Vern.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •