Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: V3 Update Wish List

Another thought following my less than great experience with MP which IMHO would enhance the SP game:

Some sort of log book to track and record your progress. I’m not talking TSW style action points, XP or achievements but it would be nice to have a record I could call up showing total miles run, break it down further into Region, Subs and traction type. Total industry cars spotted, total completed industry cars collected. Red lights passed (SPAD’s) and time spent exceeding the speed limit. I find that sort of statistical data fascinating and of more value than an arcade style career mode.

I wonder how hard it would be for El Programadero to write a routine into the game that could collate and display that information?
    Vern.

This perhaps will be seen by others, as, some form of attack, surely not my intention, every opinion holds value for some.
    Just not commentary from O'l SMRY, "just die already will ya?". lol.

I surely want to know how many times I've taken a 10lb reduction? Or, how many times the beacon rotated?. Yes, indeed some may enjoy that, just don’t see where it need be part of Run8. Let the other games handle those features. Each games needs something to call their own. All the same style of play / features between platforms, be no need for our ever growing game library.

Even that in itself is one of Run8s calling cards, sticking to their guns if you will, blazing own trail. Sticking with the simulator side.
    As to Run8s graphics, Those themselves have come along nicely, & seem inevitable as we go along.
    Not too sure the need to compare, seek out those that aren't there, teardown, whatever one may call it in the meantime.
    If indeed looking for game play, stick with those "Other Titles", should a sense of realness call one back to work, let Run8 Simulator handle those duties.

Now, if I could just convince Rolling Line to take up Run8s style wouldn't that be just cheeky?.

Keep-Up the grand work Team
    I've punched the Run8 clock at the start & end of my duties, how many times?.

Sorry but I fundamentally disagree.

What is so wrong with keeping track of your overall progress? If some people don't want it, then make it an option that can be toggled on or off.

And as I indicated I emphatically do not want an achievement pop up saying I successfully spotted 500 industry cars. I just want something where I can quietly assess what I've done to date in the sim. This thread is supposed to be about posting things we would like to see, not to have someone come along and shoot them down. It is up to Brad, John and the rest of the team to decide whether they have merit for programming time.

As I said in the other thread, Run 8's biggest problem is sometimes itsown community (acknowledging again that 3DTS have no control over this).

Anyhow I'm off to enjoy my Sunday roast then a nice walk in the cool almost Spring UK sunshine.
    Vern.

How did I know someone would get bent?. "every opinion holds value" for some.

Anyways, trying best to stick with thread.
    Many in the community, already crying too many key commands / combos, etc, what's several more.

As to knowing how many reds passed, time exceeding the speed limit, &, perhaps a host of other violations,
    don't do it, lest ye wish to be on the breadline. Again, the others are for gaming, while Run8 remains a simulator.

Surely not an issue should those sort of features come along one day. They too may prove popular,
    along with a host of other upgrades / updates as Run8 moves along.

Fresh Idea. We need an HOS (Hours Of Service) clock. If train duties is your thing, once you hit 12 consecutive hrs, tossed into another position outside of RR, or, simulated bed for a time, very least 10hrs min, no if, and, or: buts.
    yes this feature could come with the ability to activate / deactivate like any others along the way.
    Last edited by SMRY; 03-20-2022 at 12:05 PM.

Let me steer this back on another idea that is just as valid as everyone else's

OPTION TO FORCE FUEL AND SERVICE AT FACILITY AND/OR OPTION TO CALL FOR MOBILE SUPPORT

So here is my thing I liked the idea of having a breakdown and it finally happened. An alternator went and I was sitting in UP Mojave a long way from service. IRL I believe certain service and fuel can be called by mobile assistance for some projects. How about some calculation of distance from nearest service center to call for mobile support. This means yes your engine needs to tie down or hold off if it can't make a hill. Instead simply hitting the button kind of defeats the failure imho. Of course you can make up your own systems but it's more fun when it's in the sim.

Thanks

Sean
    Railroader - Coming To Steam 2023
    My Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    My YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    Let me steer this back on another idea that is just as valid as everyone else's

Thanks

Sean
    What do you know. Your just a YouTube teacher. We need a GR (Get Real) button for that.. Oh Calling R8 Team!...

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Another thought following my less than great experience with MP which IMHO would enhance the SP game:

Some sort of log book to track and record your progress. I’m not talking TSW style action points, XP or achievements but it would be nice to have a record I could call up showing total miles run, break it down further into Region, Subs and traction type. Total industry cars spotted, total completed industry cars collected. Red lights passed (SPAD’s) and time spent exceeding the speed limit. I find that sort of statistical data fascinating and of more value than an arcade style career mode.

I wonder how hard it would be for El Programadero to write a routine into the game that could collate and display that information?
    i posted that to our internal suggestions Vern
    Jason Webb
    HyRail Simulations
    https://www.hyrailsimulations.net

Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    How did I know someone would get bent?. "every opinion holds value" for some.

Anyways, trying best to stick with thread.
    Many in the community, already crying too many key commands / combos, etc, what's several more.

As to knowing how many reds passed, time exceeding the speed limit, &, perhaps a host of other violations,
    don't do it, lest ye wish to be on the breadline. Again, the others are for gaming, while Run8 remains a simulator.

Surely not an issue should those sort of features come along one day. They too may prove popular,
    along with a host of other upgrades / updates as Run8 moves along.

Fresh Idea. We need an HOS (Hours Of Service) clock. If train duties is your thing, once you hit 12 consecutive hrs, tossed into another position outside of RR, or, simulated bed for a time, very least 10hrs min, no if, and, or: buts.
    yes this feature could come with the ability to activate / deactivate like any others along the way.
    Well instead of integrating it into the SIM, possibly provide data XML's like we do for the AEI reader, so those who want to have that information would have it, and it wouldnt interfere with the core sim, or use the existing AEI data to correlate performance
    Jason Webb
    HyRail Simulations
    https://www.hyrailsimulations.net

Quote Originally Posted by SCL-A-Line View Post
    Well instead of integrating it into the SIM, possibly provide data XML's like we do for the AEI reader, so those who want to have that information would have it, and it wouldnt interfere with the core sim, or use the existing AEI data to correlate performance
    I'll except any features the team may or may-not include along the way.

Speaking of AEI one idea is to have an AEI ON SPAWN. The only reason I thought of this is in some cases let's say the way I have Barstow set up. 2 locations that spawn without a route are Needles and Cajon. So I'd love to bring in the data as if it's run past a detector.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Sean
    Railroader - Coming To Steam 2023
    My Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    My YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS