Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: V3 Update Wish List

Nobody but the banks are surcharging anyone. Anyways I'll try to swing this back on topic with another idea. Not sure how easy the following is but I'll throw it out there anyways.

MANUAL SWITCH ROUTING FOR AI

Right mouse click on any manual switch to assign symbols for normal or reverse movements. Similar to the fields you would see in industry section tags. Checkbox for restore to normal (if on a main for example)

Any lead unit approaching a manual switch could then operate the switch and restor to normal non ctc routings.

Thanks

Sean
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

Quote Originally Posted by Fish4890 View Post
    why is Greenstone Surcharging People for DLC?
    Why are you using lower-case where it should be upper-case and upper-case where it could be lower-case?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Two thoughts arising from my purchase of Waycross and A-Line…

1. We need a way to identify the exact cars we are missing in consists that appear with default boxcars. This will allow us to go to the shop and purchase what we need rather than guessing.

2. The shop needs a basket so we can add multiple items as one purchase. This is particularly important for overseas customers where our banks charge a handling fee oneach transaction.
    Vern one way is to copy player train into the TMU. When you have done that look at what you have and don't have. Yes mayne a different coloured tag for default box cars would work.
    Work Safe play hard

Thanks Dale. Hopefully in the meantime John or Brad will be able to take a look and see what can be done. It wasn’t my intention to drag this off topic with regard to bank charges for overseas transactions!

Hi,

Here my little addition to the feature suggestion.

As we keep trying to approach real life trafic and behavior, my feature request would be to extend the date of origin automatic generation with the ability to subtract a set amount of day when spawning the train e.g N377-##<3, Q-CHISTO-##<3, etc. for 3 days subtracted when spawning the train hence giving some idea of how long the train was on the road before entering our map.

Regards all.

Back to the game itself…
    Here’s one that might be worth considering for V4 - animated loading and unloading certainly where bulk handling is concerned. The Clinchfield and Tees Valley lines in TSW have this where you drive or propel your train through the loader at the required speed and the commodity fills the hoppers. Opposite would apply where you unload, e.g. at the power stations on Waycross or Trona on SoCal. It would be more interactive than parking your train on the designated industry area and coming back after so many hours.

More specific unit selection for train spawns. Instead of say you select CSX and UP it will use any and all if you was to want only UP SD70ACes . Your kind of stuck with CSX ones spawning on trains too. Scheduled trains would be another good one say you dont want 20 M-KCKBARs or Q455s. Of course the option to maybe allow multiples or not would be really nice.
    Last edited by jokel317; 05-08-2022 at 02:22 AM.
    http://jokel317.proboards57.com
    SEMOFW (Southeast Missouri Freight Works) Beta Tester
    Improbable is the key not Impossible

Another probably longstanding one actually, more on train views. Primarily a brakeman view so you can attach yourself at the rear of the train rather keep having to dodge with the external camera when propelling.

It would also be nice to just be able to jump on an AI train and rode it, without claiming - whether that be a view from an Amtrak Superliner car or “hobo” view from an open boxcar or the roof.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post

It would also be nice to just be able to jump on an AI train and rode it, without claiming - whether that be a view from an Amtrak Superliner car or “hobo” view from an open boxcar or the roof.
    I am sure I have rode as a passenger on an AI Amtrak(years ago), there is a pass view on one of the coaches, unless I am imagining it.
    —————
    Jason

If you find it Jason, let me know.

On a similar note from my first suggestion, I was watching a YT clip on the exercise bike earlier (as you do!) of a guy shunting the Deland Branch, and he seemed to be attached to the rear car. Maybe I'm missing something obvious...
    Vern.