Thread: Gate Crossings

Default Gate Crossings

some of the routes i am playing on open rails some of the gate crossings flashers stop flashing back and forth is there a way to fix that to get the crossing gates flashing again.

Any Suggestions,

Jdark34

Some crossing shapes are defective or were not configured when the route was built. Contacting the route author may be helpful.
    Use one of the route editors to replace the crossings that don't work with a shape that does work.

This could also be caused by the route author failing to setup the properties of the crossing correctly.
    Fixing this would also require the use of one of the current route editors, either the MSTS Editor of TSRE5.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

There seemed to be a bug recently that threw flashers out of whack (including my own, which definitely did work). A newer version of OR likely patch that

I recall that issue with non-flashing signals , that JDark is referring to , when Open Rails first came onto the scene. Open Rails couldn't parse the number of the animation in the shape file. The solution back then was to replace that parsed number with a whole number. I still see older routes with this issue.

Peter

Leaning along the same lines as Peter. But we will never know for sure, because no exemplary route is ever identified.

I can't believe at this juncture we are still throwing darts at the wall while blindfolded.

The Fantasii routes located in the file library contain the repaired shape files.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran