Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Move Quadtree - populated tiles state - to a new route?

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    So you don't have to go find NED maps, it does that for you or goes to a server by itself?

Paul :-)
    Hi Paul,

The printed on 2D maps with roads and tracks are handled internally by TSRE. I don't even know where TSRE is downloading them from - probably some Open Source street map application.

If you want - TSRE can load elevation data but the source has to be in "HGT" format [you need to download it and save it externally first - then TSRE can crunch a terrain mesh from the raw data]. I believe the best resolution HGT data is 1 Arc/Sec - so that's not useable for me. Works for DM though.

Regards,
    Scott

Hi Paul,

Just to be more clear - I created the Terrain Mesh in my image with Geotiff's and DEMEX.

Regards,
    Scott

I believe the quadtree is in the TD folder. If you just need the flagged tiles in a blank flat state I believe copying the TD folder to a new route and then regenerating the flagged tiles in RGE should do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by joe_star View Post
    I believe the quadtree is in the TD folder. If you just need the flagged tiles in a blank flat state I believe copying the TD folder to a new route and then regenerating the flagged tiles in RGE should do the trick
    Hi Joe,

Thanks so much - I'll take a look.

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by joe_star View Post
    Hi Joe,

Exactly what I needed - worked like a champ - thanks much!

Regards,
    Scott