Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTL Niagara Rebuild

Default MTL Niagara Rebuild

I am new to the world of route building and decided that I'd try my hand at reworking an existing route. I figured this would be a fairly easy task given the TSRE5 program that's currently in use for Open Rails, so I hit it. I ran the installer for MTL Niagara Corridor (because I wanted somewhere to run my SLI VIA F40s) and opened it up.

First off, almost all the textures for the tracks are gone and all of my road textures are gone. I think this has to do with the .dds vs. .ace file extension, but I don't know this for sure. Next up, I made a modification to Rideout west of London station on the Dundas Sub.

When I loaded the game to go visit my new creation, OR crashed and told me I didn't have Xtracks (I do) and then when I re-loaded the route in the route editor, all of the dynamic track was missing from the TDB.

I'd love some assistance with this because the way I have been going, which is to remove the offending bits of dynamic track and then replace it has been tedious and slow.

Also, I know about Route Riter, but can't seem to find a functional download link for it?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew Underwood

Did you make a back-up of the route before attempting this delicate heart surgery?
    Rory

Hi Rory,

Absolutely. I have reverted to it many times. Each time TSRE saves the route it seems to blow the dynamic track out of the database.

Andrew Underwood

One word: Horace.

It is an essential first step for modding any early route that was built without XTracks.

Don't newer versions of TSRE have an option to update dynamic track to not have problems with newer tsection versions? I haven't had a route tsection go bad in a long time

Correct. When you open a standard MSTS route in TSRE the first thing it asks you to do is to update the route TSection, effectively the same operation as what Horace would do. If you don't do that, then when you save the route all of your dynamic track goes away!

Oooooh, interesting. I didn't see it give me that option. I'll try it again in a fresh install of the route. Is there a way to force that if it doesn't ask?

Andrew Underwood

What version of TSRE are you using? If the version you're using doesn't prompt you while loading, odds are that it doesn't have that feature

It shows build v0.6958.

Andrew Underwood

7002 is available.
    Cheers
    Derek