Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brick Tunnel Portals

If I recall right, TSRE was written in Python

That is a new one on me then.

Jerry

Hi Team,

In my discussions with goku in respect to getting it written in c#, he indicated that it was written in C as a university project.
    This is bourn out by the existence of msvcrt.dll being mentioned when you disassemble tsre5.exe.
    Msvcrt.dll is a C run time library.
    Cheers
    Derek

Thumbs up Program Language

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    Hi Team,

In my discussions with goku in respect to getting it written in c#, he indicated that it was written in C as a university project.
    This is bourn out by the existence of msvcrt.dll being mentioned when you disassemble tsre5.exe.
    Msvcrt.dll is a C run time library.
    59 years ago this May, I received a M.S.E.E. degree from Vanderbilt and part of my Masters thesis work used Fortran which
    you keyed in the source code on a stack of cards, one command per card. Then you fed those to a reader that linked to a
    compiler on a IBM-650 machine which was two large cabinets housed in a very well cooled room. This produced a bigger stack
    of cards which you then ran back through the machine on a "assembler" which produced a stack of cards in machine code which
    was your program. Years later I applied for the position of CAD manager at Chessie System railroad. The ad in Progressive
    Railroading said that knowledge of Fortan was essential. The fellow that wrote that is now retired like me and a few years older
    but we still laugh when we get together. Fortran was the LEAST of what you had to either know or learn FAST. To automate
    processes we wrote "user commands" which were similar to Visual Basic and these could link to more complex programs that
    had to be written in either Fortran or Pascal. Later I learned enough Visual C to write programs in that which were linked to
    user commands. I have to admire Goku not so much for writing the program, but consider what he had to dig out of the various
    files used in MSTS, and then use that data to feed a new program intended to produce the same results.

Given the comments on the news that Poland may be next on Putin's list, I hope we all hold Goku and his family in prayer. Only
    those of us that served in the military have the slightest idea of what is really happening in the Ukraine.

Jerry