Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prr Eastern V2

Question Prr Eastern V2

Has anybody posted freight or passenger activities for PRR Version 2? I have looked but haven't found any except for the CSX Q031, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place

There are some passenger activities that were made for this route.

jd_prreast2_act_v1.zip

njt_7184.zip

Those are the only two I'm aware of.
    "After you’ve done a thing the same way for two years, look it over carefully. After five years, look at it with suspicion. And after ten years, throw it away and start all over." - Alfred E. Perlman

Quote Originally Posted by jackcary View Post
    Has anybody posted freight or passenger activities for PRR Version 2? I have looked but haven't found any except for the CSX Q031, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place
    There are quite a few in the library here. Do a search under freight or passenger activities for PRR and they will pop up. Most show they are for the Beta version but if you change the RouteID in the activity file to "PRR_EAST_REG-2" they should work on version 2. I have found that just about all will work on version 2 as there appears to be very little change in the route trackage. I am showing I have approximately 65 activities in my files for this route, but I haven't gotten round to running all of them yet.

AJ

Any activity built for the PRR-East Beta Fix 06/07 that run through Philadelphia ,Harrisburg or Altoona will NOT work due to major track changes in the PRR=East-V2 at these locations.

The interlocking at Linden, NJ (main line) was also completely rebuilt as were several other interlockings between Phil and Washington.
    Details on what was reworked can be found in the route documentation.

Running Open Rails?
    The OR Log will be useful to flesh out errors in activities and using Track Viewer (included w/Open Rails) to repair the paths may be possible.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Running Open Rails?
    The OR Log will be useful to flesh out errors in activities and using Track Viewer (included w/Open Rails) to repair the paths may be possible.

regards,
    Using the OR trackviewer, I've repaired most paths, the auto-fix functions will do most of the work, some paths do require individual attention, I've not gotten around to those. You may have to make adjustments when running individual activities.

Very fine job on the route, Vince, thanks for all the time spent...very generous of you.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Using the OR trackviewer, I've repaired most paths, the auto-fix functions will do most of the work, some paths do require individual attention, I've not gotten around to those. You may have to make adjustments when running individual activities.

Very fine job on the route, Vince, thanks for all the time spent...very generous of you.
    Okay

so this is why I mentioned that it should be suggested that we run a combined MSTS/OR forum.

Many post into either forum end up being combined MSTS/OR issues
    Daniel - Sydney (Glad I'm not in Townsville)
    It used to be my favourite place in the world.

I thought V2 was for Open Rails only? So how does MSTS even enter the discussion?

If you want to try V1 activities in V2, it is up to you to troubleshoot any broken paths introduced by the track layout changes that happened between V1 and V2. And to know how to remove/undo any wrong version activities that do not work out.

No. it's NOT Open Rails only!
    MSTS will run it though with terrible frame rates, some approaching single digit fps. ugh!

The difficulties are from me setting up the activities included with the routes release with ALL yards along player path filled to near capacity . . .
    and most of us know that MSTS will not stand for that bit of reality.
    You might say it chokes on my tons of loose consists that fill all those yards.

I wanted it as prototypical as possible and MSTS does not like that.
    A 'normal' activity with almost empty yards will do fine . . . umm except the Philadelphia terminal area (Zoo Interlocking) where over 5000 objects will drive MSTS nuts.
    Altoona is not far behind either with 4000+ objects and frame rates do suffer.

Sorry, but such is the cost of prototypical running . . . sigh...

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    [B]
    Sorry, but such is the cost of prototypical running . . . sigh...

regards,
    No need to be sorry...not for me, i love prototypical...and i do prefer a yard with something in it, it is better than an empty one...

Michel

Got it. It's staggeringly useless in MSTS in many dimensions (object count, loose consists, number of AI running, etc) but its formally not Open Rails only.

Sometimes, you got to be brave and just pull the trigger.