Thread: TSW 2 CTDs

Default TSW 2 CTDs

Is anyone else experiencing CTDs with this game?
    Seems to happen every time that I start a scenario.....it drops to Desktop and a message pops up from Unreal.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Fixed....I think.
    Two files were corrupted after updating. Steam verification downloaded them again and gave the okay.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Glad your got it sorted Bruce. TSW2 is generally pretty steady, even the save game is behaving for me at present.

Trying Horseshoe Curve by any chance?
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Trying Horseshoe Curve by any chance?
    Downloaded it last night, Vern...about to fire it up now (0700 AEST).

Well, after getting 30 minutes into the first scenario (an empty coal consist from Johnstown hauled by 3xGP38s) , I can say that in my humble opinion it's a pretty good job.
    I can't comment on the accuracy of the terrain nor whether the locations are truly representative of the buildings and line-side structures, of course, never having been there.

What is disappointing, however, is the lack of quality-control by the developer; one example being swathes of grass and flowers covering the three mainlines in a couple of locations in the relatively short distance I've travelled so far. Also one or two hollow rocky outcrops (you can see into the shape) and some floating objects.
    (My graphics are set on Ultra and I'm getting a constant 70FPS).

But still the inaccurate physics/dynamics persist.......accelerating up a 0.6% grade with the throttle in notch 4, for crying out loud.....or bringing your train to a stop from 35mph in less than 100 yards!
    Clearly DTG still place little importance on realism and lean more towards the "competitive" side of this game; collect stuff and stick up posters rather than do your best to get that heavy train safely down the hill.

But the route is nice....very green and mountainous - a nice change from the arid landscapes of Run 8.

There are some good VHS on YouTube now of various locations this "sim" tried to accomplish. I'll stick with the YouTube or visiting in person. I've stayed here a few times. The yard in Altoona is more interesting.

Thanks

Sean
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS