Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot save game

Default Cannot save game

There's always something with this bloody game...........now it won't save the game-state, even tho' it appears to do so.
    Restart, go to resume a save and zilch.....no action at all.

I'm a hair's-breadth away from uninstalling.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Apparently this is not an unusual situation.
    Many others are experiencing the same thing and it seems to have been introduced since the last update to TSW2.
    It also appears to be connected to Horseshoe Curve.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Yes it seems to be tied to HSC Bruce, but affecting other routes too. Luckily I haven't purchased it yet, so my saves are functioning normally, that is at least they load.

One would hope Dovetail working on a fix PDQ for this.
    Vern.

Just reading on DTG forum now fixed with a patch.
    Vern.

Thanks, Vern.
    I just grabbed it......a 354Mb "patch"!

The update fixed it.

There you go Bruce all fixed, you see they do care - Don't believe me?, then just look at this patch list.

https://steamdb.info/app/1282590/patchnotes/

No need to uninstall or be skeptical, as you can see that's dedication to their community, backed up with news announcements, forum participation, YouTube streams etc. No keeping you in the dark for years with this developer .

Quote Originally Posted by WesternDivision View Post
    There you go Bruce all fixed, you see they do care - Don't believe me?, then just look at this patch list........No keeping you in the dark for years with this developer .
    Yep....and it's good to see that a few collectibles are now obtainable. I must hurry back into the game!

It amazes me how much fuss is made by members, on DTG's forum.
    When they lose their medals, collectables and all the other rubbish in this game.
    It's the end of the world, i lost my score for using the horn hahahahahahaha.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    It amazes me how much fuss is made by members, on DTG's forum.
    When they lose their medals, collectables and all the other rubbish in this game.
    It's the end of the world, i lost my score for using the horn hahahahahahaha.

I get impatient with the crap that we have to put up with.....the score tally at the end of a successful journey, the medals and awards, the collectibles, etc.
    If there was a choice to have it on or off then it would improve the experience enormously.