Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Back To The Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I have a feeling R8 is choppy because of all those consists that get loaded .....
    Yep, Vern.
    The more trains/static rolling stock that is in a World then the performance takes a hit, however small.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Hahahahahaha, am i that transparent Bruce

Mike.
    Yes....definitely, Mike!!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I believe it runs better Vern, what do i know. I only pay for the rubbish buddy.

To me the good stuff in Trainz now beats TS2022 (Classic) hands down. Graphically at least, still lots of things that need improving though, realism wise.

Probably right in regards R8 Vern. Some of the pre-loaded saves can be very traffic intense. Agree fair bit of money involved in buying all those R8 packs.

We needed Trainz to be where it is now, 20 years ago. I cannot concentrate on learning new stuff these days and route building is way above my pay grade,

Gimme da massive spanner and da huge hammer. Then i know what i am doing.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Weird looking locomotives..................

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

https://www.railpage.com.au/locos/cm-class

I think they look okay....we don't see them up in this part of NSW, though. They seem to be mainly down south.
    Last edited by seagoon; 05-18-2022 at 03:42 AM.

Front cab end looks very strange to me Bruce. But there again i think a lot of modern loco designs. Are different just for the sake of it. The CM's obviously do not take in to account aerodynamics. But that maybe because they are used on low speed services.

I have mine running on the Main South buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Front cab end looks very strange to me Bruce. But there again i think a lot of modern loco designs. Are different just for the sake of it. The CM's obviously do not take in to account aerodynamics....
    Yeah....you're probably correct there, Mike. But the crew would certainly have an excellent all-round view with the size of the windows!

It's interesting that the engine blocks are cast in Germany, shipped to England for assembly and then shipped to Boise, Idaho, for installation into the locomotive.

Yes good visibility Bruce, windows remind me of the Class 52 and Class 66.

That is engine block insanity, buddy. What a crazy way of doing things

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I don't have Run8 box cars and I certainly don't own all the packs. It takes time but you can build a very realistic situation in single player or with a few in MP if you want to get there a bit faster. For example I don't have the woodchip cars yet but I want to get them. It simply will not call those woodchips or you can filter out certain cars as well. The included scenerios to me are just an example. You can run it any ways you want.

As for Trainz my son still enjoys it to this day as I bought Trainz2019 2 copies for both of us. He is more of the creative type as he loves building routes. Not sure how many hours he has but it's likely over 1000 by now with serveral projects. The issue comes down to the operations beyond the nice loading and unloading features. The AI WAS better than Run8 in V2, but V3 Run8 is now ahead with the exception of AI switching to some extent. Still something I grew tired of prettier graphics or not.

Thanks

Sean
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

Pilbara Iron Ore route, developed from Robe River and vastly extended.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd