Thread: OR version performance checker

Default OR version performance checker

Is OR (stable) or OR (testing) good for low end pc that gives stable FPS????.........And also tell me which OR version is best for low end pc......

Post the specs?
    Cheers
    Derek

CPU:- Intel Core i3-8100 @ 3.60GHz
    RAM:- 8GB (4X2) (dual channel DDR4 2666mhz)
    GPU:- NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050Ti (4gb graphic card)
    Note:- SSD is also there.....

THESE ARE MY PC SPECS.....

That's about what I have except my processor is a Core i3 9100F and I have 16 MB memory. I have no problems running anything in Open Rails and get good frame rates even in challenging areas such as Philadelphia on PRR-ER. You might consider upping your RAM to 16GB, should not be too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by jonpd View Post
    That's about what I have except my processor is a Core i3 9100F and I have 16 MB memory. I have no problems running anything in Open Rails and get good frame rates even in challenging areas such as Philadelphia on PRR-ER. You might consider upping your RAM to 16GB, should not be too expensive.
    I'm glad you brought up PRR East. I just downloaded and installed V2 over the weekend and I'm having some video stuttering issues. I tried to run the Senator Vincent activity from Penn Station- DC. I'm usually a 100% OR monogame user but the frame rates were in the 20's so I tried the regular OR v1.4 and they jumped up to 45 -60 to Trenton (I turned off Dynamic Shadows on both). The issue I'm having is the stuttering of the video. I know the PRR is a pretty demanding route but this is the only route I've had issues with stuttering at that frame rate of 45-60. I did load up the Altoona fantrip activity and had no issues in that area with the frame rates around 60 on both MG and OR v1.4
    Mullen and the Horseshoe Curve routes can dip that low on my machine in certain parts but the video still runs smooth as silk. Any ideas or is this just something I will have to live with on this great route

Processor = AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Processor (4 threads, 4 cores, 3.0 GHz) (L1-Cache 512 KB) (L2-Cache 2048 KB) (L3-Cache 6144 KB)
    Memory = 16.0 GB
    Video = NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 (2.0 GB RAM) (nvlddmkm 26.21.14.3200)
    Samsung 1TB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by spoony1999 View Post
    I'm glad you brought up PRR East. I just downloaded and installed V2 over the weekend and I'm having some video stuttering issues. I tried to run the Senator Vincent activity from Penn Station- DC. I'm usually a 100% OR monogame user but the frame rates were in the 20's so I tried the regular OR v1.4 and they jumped up to 45 -60 to Trenton (I turned off Dynamic Shadows on both). The issue I'm having is the stuttering of the video. I know the PRR is a pretty demanding route but this is the only route I've had issues with stuttering at that frame rate of 45-60. I did load up the Altoona fantrip activity and had no issues in that area with the frame rates around 60 on both MG and OR v1.4
    Mullen and the Horseshoe Curve routes can dip that low on my machine in certain parts but the video still runs smooth as silk. Any ideas or is this just something I will have to live with on this great route

Processor = AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Processor (4 threads, 4 cores, 3.0 GHz) (L1-Cache 512 KB) (L2-Cache 2048 KB) (L3-Cache 6144 KB)
    Memory = 16.0 GB
    Video = NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 (2.0 GB RAM) (nvlddmkm 26.21.14.3200)
    Samsung 1TB SSD

Same here but only 8GB memory and 256GB SSD.
    My system is 12 years old.
    Charles

Hi spoony1999 & Charles,
    I'm no hardware expert, but your graphics card could be the weak link. The GT1030 is an entry level/budget card. I've been using an NVIDIA GTX 750ti 2GB for many years without any problems (famous last words!!). Even though the basic speed of the 1030 is a little higher than the 750, I think the important differences are in the memory bus size (1030 is 64 bit, 750 is 128 bit), the memory bandwidth (48GB/sec and 86GB/sec respectively) and Shader Processing units (384 and 640 respectively). Several comparison sites give the 750ti a better performance figure than a GT 1030.

I would suggest upgrading the card to either a **50 or **60 model to get better performance, but I'm NOT recommending a 750 because those that are available are very pricey!!

Caveat : The above is based on available specifications - I haven't, yet, seriously run the PRR-ER route in Open Rails, although I have used Explore out of Philadelphia with framerates in the range 57 - 60 with dynamic shadows.

Cheers,
    Ged

Don't think that Geforce 750ti is enough......I HAVE 1050Ti (4GB)graphics card...which is better than 750ti(2GB).........AND U ALSO STREAMING EASILY USING OBS STUDIO At 1080p without reducing quality..but yes sometimes shadows for using OBS.......I GENERALLY USE SHADOWPLAY OR XBOX RECORDER SO THAT NO NEED TO DISABLE SHADOWS