Thread: User CN Bala

Default User CN Bala

Any Toronto-ites who might have known him offline who can confirm if this is him? The obituary does give "Trains" as second billing in interests. His last post here was July 2021, last login was about a month after his passing, could possibly be attributed to family members going through computers and bookmarks using auto-login browsers.

https://intelligencer.remembering.ca...kay-1083308041

I think it is.
    John and I both had cancer, john decided not to have treatment, I had treatment.
    Cheers
    Derek

John and I had frequent email correspondence about OR and its operation...always a very nice fellow, enjoyed interacting with him, my deepest condolences to his family and friends. Be in peace, John

1hat in hand.jpg
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

username with ConBuilder was jpmackay. Which matches with John Phillip.
    Charles

So sad to hear this. I also had many online and "offline" conversations with John and helped him in many ways with MSTS and ORTS.
    A very nice man.
    My heartfelt sympathy to his entire family and circle of friends.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Very sorry to hear this news. We had several 'conversations' via PM and he always seemed to be a lovely gentleman.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends - he will certainly be missed.

Ged

Yes John and I had plenty of contact back and forth and was a supporter of many of my efforts. I had no idea he had cancer as we haven't exchanged messages in a while. This mainly being because I was not active in MSTS like I once was years ago (including the Bala Sub as I'm not too far away living in the Niagara Peninsula between Lakes Erie and Ontario). Some of my earliest work in RTS was with MSTS and specificlaly the Bala Sub.

I'm sorry to hear of this loss.

Thank you

Sean
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

Yes, John and I ha many communications between us about life in general and Train-Sim. He discovered he had Cancer but after discussing it with his family, decided not to go through all the treatment. I never met him, but we had planned on having a Coffee sometime.
    He specifically requested for me not to tell anyone on here or at E-T, that his passing was imminent. He will be missed, my condolences to his Family.