Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anybody help me out with Rail Simulator

Default Can anybody help me out with Rail Simulator

I got a copy of US Rail Simulator recently and am learning a bit about it.
    I downloaded a copy of RS Tools and found I need a couple other files. I found and installed mwgfxdll.exe but still need SERZ.exe.
    RS has nice graphics and I'd like to experiment with modifications.
    Anyway, does anybody have a copy of SERZ.exe to share.
    I didn't want to get a newer simulator that has to run on Steam.
    Thanks

Serz.exe should be included with the game, when you install it.

At least it is with later versions of RS, like Railworks and TS20xx
    Yma O Hyd

I have 2 files of the SERZ.exe application. One is in my RSTools/TSTools folder after I installed it and the other one is in the main body of my Railworks folder.

Cheerz. 5teve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 04-29-2022 at 07:43 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i7 10700k 3.8GHz Eight Core CPU, Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX, 32GB RAM, nVidia RTX3060ti 8GB, WIN10 PRO 64-bit. 10xTB in HDDs total.

Clue to why SERZ.exe is missing:

Quote Originally Posted by Bickford Line View Post
    I got a copy of US Rail Simulator recently ............
    Charles

Thanks for replying.
    I contacted Mr. Mike Simpson and he also advised me it should be in the game folder. Well, after letting WinXP loose on it for a while, it was located and I saved it to my Win7 PC in the SysWow folder.

I do not suppose anybody still has the RS-Tools Help file hanging around collecting dust?

Mike said he no longer has a copy.
    I have gotten RS Tools to run, just have to get Paint Shop Pro on that PC as well.

Since I am just learning this Game, I will have to spend some time trying to learn how to import CN engines and wagons to suit my perspective.
    One step at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bickford Line View Post
    Thanks for replying.
    I contacted Mr. Mike Simpson and he also advised me it should be in the game folder. Well, after letting WinXP loose on it for a while, it was located and I saved it to my Win7 PC in the SysWow folder.
    I do not suppose anybody still has the RS-Tools Help file hanging around collecting dust?
    Mike said he no longer has a copy.
    Mike changed things about last year, or, 2020, I think it was, his utility is now called TSTools, and their is a TS-Tools-Help.pdf manual in the folder that you install from Mike's website, I can only presume that there is an equivalent pdf manual for RSTools also. It's a large-ish document over 10mbs in volume and about 90 pages long, it's rather too large for me to put it on here, unfortunately.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 05-01-2022 at 01:05 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i7 10700k 3.8GHz Eight Core CPU, Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX, 32GB RAM, nVidia RTX3060ti 8GB, WIN10 PRO 64-bit. 10xTB in HDDs total.

To be honest RS is obsolete. You may well find you need the original UK release to go along with it.
    Just bite the bullet and buy TSC through Steam, I really don’t know why people have such an issue with it.
    Vern.

Wait where do I find RStools, I have Rail Simulator but I cannot find RStools anywhere, even Online, Please someone help me

RS Tools is now obsolete and discontinued, as is the original Kuju Rail Simulator - a long time ago.

Far better off biting the bullet and buying Train Sim Classic from Steam, you can still get the old RS routes to run if you want.
    Vern.

No idea if it works with Rail Simulator. Best going with Vern's advice.

http://agenetools.com/downloads.html

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd