Thread: Post bugs found for Update2 dated 4.25.22 here

Default Post bugs found for Update2 dated 4.25.22 here

Place any and all bugs found here for the programmer to see. Can the bug be recreated or was it a one time glitch. If it can be recreated list what you did to recreate it.

Thanks everyone
    Work Safe play hard

AI trains get stuck leaving the branch at Gomez Jcnt, will pass a clear signal then will stop.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, perhaps something left over from testing, or John's humor. I was wondering why I didn't see as much lightning and thunder. Though it still happens randomly if you want to be a god like thor just look towards the storm and spam your horn. Every time you hit it new lightnight bolts appear.

Thanks

Sean
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

Also not sure if a bug or an anomaly caused by user error.
    After buying A-Line and Waycross I installed direct into V2 and V3.
    On running the game I didn't get the prompt to run the V3 installer/updater again, I know I should have done this manually but just assumed it had taken as the routes were playable. However when jumping between areas I was getting terrain, scenery and track not rendering.
    After installing the Hopper Pack 1 last night, the prompt appeared and I ran the updater, which could also be seen processing route data. On starting the game I was then able to jump around the map and everything drew correctly.

So it looks like whatever detects new content in V3 is not working for everything?

In the short term I guess it's just a case of remembering to run the updater.

In the long term we probably need to move to V3 ready installers for the content and "end of life" V2. No one with V3 is likely to want to run V2 or even keep it installed for cross install purposes eating up HD space.
    Vern.

You don't need version 2 installed to install to v3 Vern. I have posted a work around at least once on these forum. But you do still have to run the v3 installer again to update the content. But v2 can be chucked.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

CLIENTS UNABLE TO REMOVE CALL ON (RESTRICTING, LUNAR WHITE) SIGNAL.

Apparently this is only available to hosts. They can request it but they can't remove it.

Thanks

Sean
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

--Wiper still isn't clearing hogger glass in the SJVR locomotive

--When typing text in sim (naming loco's, editing AI spawner, etc), the keyboard remains bound to keystroke assignments (type 'a' & screen jerks). Additionally, regarding text, you can't highlight/copy an entire line, only segments (Try to highlight Z-WSPLAC1-10 to Save it, and you can only select the Z or WSP or 10).

--New and Run8 Dash 9 locomotives with analog cabs can't communicate with the integrated EOT device on a trailing DPU. They are equipped with Mary's, but they are inoperable. They work fine so long as there isn't a DPU on the end of a train.

--Ability to view & edit Special Places--Amtrak trains making 5-10 minute station stops isn't reasonable....