Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A-Line And Waycross - Recommendations To Start Out

You can use the TMU to see what your missing. If you CTRL F8 and get the car number you'll see the reporting marks. Sometimes this helps in determining. You can also just delete those and create your own string.

Thanks

Sean
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

Thanks Sean.
    Vern.

When in the TMU if you see Grayed out railcars then those will be default cars, try that Vern.
    Work Safe play hard

I'll work through and see what I can discover. Although I will eventually get round to buying all the rolling stock packs, naturely I want to prioritize on getting those which will replace the default on the specific trains I'm working.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    Vern in the file library here under HRS_ there is a SE zip I had put up with sessions in it for ALine and Waycross.
    The stupid, lazy search engine for the library comes up with zilch when searching for "HRS_".
    You need to enter the entire file name hrs_southeast_sessions.zip in the Filename field.
    Either that or just go to R8 Miscellaneous and scroll!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

From what I can see there are two sets with coal hoppers in the shop, but I need Jason to kindly confirm which ones he used for the “coal hole” trains in the supplied sessions, please.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    From what I can see there are two sets with coal hoppers in the shop, but I need Jason to kindly confirm which ones he used for the “coal hole” trains in the supplied sessions, please.
    Sure
    For Seminole Electric at Bostwick usually, they were the SEMX Bethgons, For Stanton which is actually the Orlando Utilities Stanton Energy Center you would use the OUCX hoppers from my pack, which would cover all the leasers for any of the other plants, you could get away with the TILX hoppers from Pack 3 it depends on how prototypical you want to run

the 3 leasers could be used out of Grand Juntion as well for the Jacksonville Coal Plant
    Jason Webb
    HyRail Simulations
    https://www.hyrailsimulations.net

Thanks Jason. I bought the first hopper pack yesterday evening and that has populated some of the trains nicely. Next up will be the Bethgons. After that, one of the power plants has a demand for Bulkhead Flats but not sure whether they run in empty or loaded, what their function is. The acid cars are presumably for desulphurisation and run in loaded, included with the default install.

Have to say again how much I am enjoying A-Line and Waycross, wish I’d purchased months ago. Can’t wait to add the Fitzgerald.

Ditto. Of course my live streams are pretty much exclusive to my SE server these days. This isn't to say that exciting things aren't coming for California because they are. Hopefully the northeast will continue to expand on it's beauty of Central New York as well.

Thanks

Sean
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

I’ve spent the last couple of evenings starting to sort out all the traffic the default session I’m using places in the yard at Waycross. After a slightly shaky start getting quite proficient at humping (!), hint - be sure to use the slow speed control on the loco, don’t try to be clever and control it manually. Once I’ve got a few locals formed up, plan on taking them out and working the sidings and spurs. I also want to do an Amtrak auto train, have a bit of fun shunting that around in the terminal at Sanford.

The one thing doing all that switching has brought home, is I still have far too many default Run 8 boxcars everywhere. I need to try and prioritise where to start with assembling the rest of the car fleet. I’m thinking probably Mixed Freight 1 & 2 next, then the reefers to get Tropicana, then gondolas and perhaps some autoracks. Any suggestions on the best order in which to start buying the car packs, from the Florida POV would be appreciated.
    Vern.