Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A-Line And Waycross - Recommendations To Start Out

Default A-Line And Waycross - Recommendations To Start Out

Well I finally took the plunge and added both the South East routes to my collection. Took a bit of file mangling as of course everything is still set to install in V2 apart from the update but fingers crossed all present and correct.

Just wondered what the recommendations are to familiarize myself with the route? Probably start out with an end to end run then after that get into the industry side.

Hopefully the next element, the Fitz, won't be too far behind .
    Vern.

In the end I picked one of the preset sessions, grabbed train Q456 at the extreme southern end and will see where Otto takes me!
    Vern.

South Eastern Region is my favorite. I think Q456 will route you to Waycross. I recommend a coal train. I spawn one at Ludowici. This takes me through Nahunta Subdivision. Or you can edit the XML to go through Jessup to Waycross. I mean you can create a train to route from Taft. I don't know if OTTO will route you around Waycross, GA.

I'm looking forward to Fitzgerald too. It will enhance both Waycross and A-Line operations.

I will do that next, so much to explore!

Does anyone know if there is a schematic overview map for the two routes? The pdf detailed diagrams from The Depot are very good for local work but not so much for just deciding where to go.

Edit: One other quick question. As I pass through the route I’m seeing various cars set out for return to “Wax” which I presume is Waycross Yard and indeed the train I’m hauling is all for Wax. Do these cars become retagged at Waycross or do they simply become dead/complete/ free agent? In other words, what can I do with all the cars I’ll be collecting at Waycross?!

Which actually leads on to a further supplementary question, are there any self contained traffic flows on the route where you can keep a flow going.
    Last edited by NorthernWarrior; 05-01-2022 at 03:35 AM.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I will do that next, so much to explore!

Does anyone know if there is a schematic overview map for the two routes? The pdf detailed diagrams from The Depot are very good for local work but not so much for just deciding where to go.

Edit: One other quick question. As I pass through the route I’m seeing various cars set out for return to “Wax” which I presume is Waycross Yard and indeed the train I’m hauling is all for Wax. Do these cars become retagged at Waycross or do they simply become dead/complete/ free agent? In other words, what can I do with all the cars I’ll be collecting at Waycross?!

Which actually leads on to a further supplementary question, are there any self contained traffic flows on the route where you can keep a flow going.
    Generally, they can be auto-tagged for destinations and then humped at Waycross
    self-contained should come with Fitz and the aggregate trains

I'm open for suggestions on traffic flow so please let me know

The general rule is all Manifests go to Waycross to be Humped, all the others will bypass and either go to Birmingham, AL and Atlanta, GA via the Fitzgerald or Places like Selkirk and the east via The Nahunta Sub at Jesup

Waycross will receive the traffic then hump it, trim it into new trains and send them on their way

A good getting started train would be any of the Amtraks, Auto Train, or a coal or intermodal
    Jason Webb
    HyRail Simulations
    https://www.hyrailsimulations.net

Thanks Jason, must say I'm really enjoying the change of scenery. Far from being flat and boring there's actually plenty to think about as you drive up the route. Lots of small gradient changes keep you on your toes with the throttle and brakes and I can certainly see huge potential with all the industries, just the ones you have set up should be more than enough to keep me busy.
    Vern.

Yep SE is my go to. I was reluctant to give up CA only because I knew membership might take a hit to my server. But with Otto and those the agreed to follow, last night was one of my busiest nights. Jason and Dale where on last night and are providing some tips as well.

If you want a challenge run the IM's between Taft and Jacksonville. Massive speed changes, plenty of grade crossings will keep you on you toes you'll miss out on lots of the very nice scenery.

I can say without a doubt Fitzgerald is going to be awesome!

Thanks

Sean
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

Vern in the file library here under HRS_ there is a SE zip I had put up with sessions in it for ALine and Waycross.
    Work Safe play hard

I will give those a try too, thanks.
    Vern.

Another quick question… I know I need to buy the second Amtrak pack as my consists are appearing with the loco, baggage van then box cars! However I also seem to be missing a key set of hoppers/gondalas, noticed when sorting out the power station loop last night to free up the main line, all the coal trains on the balloon loop were formed of default Run 8 box cars. Unfortunately there’s no real easy way to identify a missing asset in game then jump to the shop to buy it.
    Vern.