Thread: MSTS_Swap

Default MSTS_Swap

Hi All,
    I apologise, but the recently uploaded MSTS_Swap V2.0 contained a bug which has been fixed in v2.1; it will be available from the library as soon as it's approved.

As far as I have been able to ascertain, the normal operation of the program isn't affected.
    The incorrect Registry entries for Activity Analysis, MSTS Track Viewer and MSTS itself were saved in the MSTS_Swap_Data folder, for emergency use.

Cheers,
    Ged

thanks for the info

Hi All,
    MSTS_Swap v3.0 has been uploaded to the library and will be available when approved. it available now from the TSSH library and will be from those at elvastower.com and uktrainsim.com when approved.

This version contains enhancements suggested by two members of the Community - thanks chaps

1. There are still newcomers to MSTS who aren't aware that MSTS shouldn't be installed in the location dictated by the installer so an option has been added to 'move' it to another location. To make the utility a little more useful, it will 'move' MSTS from any location indicated by the Registry entry to wherever the user requires. The Registry entry and all shortcuts (Desktop and Start Menu) are amended accordingly.
    For security reasons, the installation in the original location is NOT deleted; the user should manually delete the folder when satisfied that MSTS works correctly from its 'new' location. There is NO reversal procedure.
    2. By default, the list of installation folders will be shown in alphanumerical order of their names. The user has the option to override this and specify their own preferred sequence.

As usual, please report any problems here, or by PM.

Cheers,
    Ged

This is great.
    I'm sure it will be useful to a lot of people.

Thanks for all of your work over the years.
    Randy

Definitely will be useful. This critical location issue showed up with Win-7 as far as I know and I still use Win-7, though
    I expect to upgrade to Win-10 in the next few months. Win-11 is too new to try yet and we will probably find some new
    horror to deal with when it does. I use TSRE for a lot of things like correcting bugs and aligning items but I have not
    use it yet for object placement.
    After nearly 30 years, Microsoft retired their Internet Explorer a week or 2 back and who would have ever thought
    we would be using some version or rendition of MSTS 21 years after it came out.

J. H. Sullivan