Thread: Generating terrain to a not real terrain

Default Generating terrain to a not real terrain

There is a route (Trat BP) that when I generate new terrain to it the new terrain is way more above the route's original terrain (so these are not at the same level). How can I fix it?

Thanks for answers!

Two questions:

1. Where is your MSTS installed? The full path on your system please!

and

What editor are you using?

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

1. H:\Train Simulator

2. I'm using the basic route geometry extractor and Demex

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Two questions:

1. Where is your MSTS installed? The full path on your system please!

and

What editor are you using?

regards,
    1. H:\Train Simulator

2. I'm using the basic route geometry extractor and Demex

Oh sorry I can't assist as I use TSRE for all this.
    I've tossed MSTS into the dumpster 4 years ago in favor of Open Rails for running the Sim and TSRE for all editing.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I'm wondering if the route was originally built without an elevation offset.
    Basically starting at sea level.

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    I'm wondering if the route was originally built without an elevation offset.
    Basically starting at sea level.
    When I opened "set height offset" it was 0.000000. And when I made new tiles I didn't change that. And I checked it was made by Demex and it wasn't. But the tiles that I add to it was made by Demex. Maybe that's the problem? And how can I fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by f522 View Post
    When I opened "set height offset" it was 0.000000. And when I made new tiles I didn't change that. And I checked it was made by Demex and it wasn't. But the tiles that I add to it was made by Demex. Maybe that's the problem? And how can I fix it?
    It sounds like you are trying to apply terrain to an existing route that was built without using real terrain.

I have news for you. It probably won't go very well. Even very flat areas have some local elevation changes, and over longer distances some slant in the general elevation. Your generated tiles will of course have all that detail, but your router itself which was built on a completely flat level surface will not!