Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So What's This About?

Default So What's This About?

Have tried to download some MSTS TOFC sets for the past 4 hours and keep getting this message (screen shot enclosed) What's going on?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Could it be related to this...

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/conten...enance-Tuesday

maybe not everything went according to plan...a glitch.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Do you have a download accelerator installed and active? The "simultaneous download limit exceeded" error generally happens if you have too many download threads attempting to connect to the server.

With a standard user account, you can download two file data streams at once. Generally, that means only two files at a time, or only one file in two data streams with a download accelerator configured to play nice with the site.

MSTS-Roundhouse

Open Rails and MSTS blog -- Back on the Web as of December 2021

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Could it be related to this...

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/conten...enance-Tuesday

maybe not everything went according to plan...a glitch.
    What I thought, but one would think if it's a problem with all users it would have been reported on Wednesday. I I'm the first to mention this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by EricF View Post
    Do you have a download accelerator installed and active? The "simultaneous download limit exceeded" error generally happens if you have too many download threads attempting to connect to the server.

With a standard user account, you can download two file data streams at once. Generally, that means only two files at a time, or only one file in two data streams with a download accelerator configured to play nice with the site.
    No accelerator installed That I know of..... Looked at my installed programs and saw nothing that looked unfamiliar or was downloaded without my knowledge recently. My download queue is clear and doesn't appear to stuck downloading anything. I did download some drivers for a printer, but no other changes made related to the download I could find and I uninstalled the drivers to see if it fixed things which it didn't. No recent computer updates either. I turned over every rock I know of looking for the possible culprit. Last time I downloaded something was ages ago. If it's related to the Tuesday overhaul, I seem to be the only one with a problem. No one else has reported this problem so I think it can be ruled out it was from that.

It's saying it's the FlightSim.com server causing issues. I still can't download a file.

"The FlightSim.Com free member server is experiencing unexpected high demand and has exceeded the limit of people who can connect at one time. This is a rare occurrence and we ask for your patience. Please try again later."

I thought this website had it's own server.... Does this site truly go thru the server for FlightSim.com?

UPDATE: I also tried a different browser to see if it was Chrome was being a little cuss. Get the same using Edge. Can't download.
    Last edited by rt35ge; 05-20-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    I thought this website had it's own server.... Does this site truly go thru the server for FlightSim.com?
    I sorta figured that's how it was organized...reading between the lines in some of the threads...but do not know this for a fact.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    Have tried to download some MSTS TOFC sets for the past 4 hours and keep getting this message (screen shot enclosed) What's going on?

The same happened also to me, this afternoon.
    Regards
    Mateus

Appears to now be fixed. I can download files again.

>I thought this website had it's own server

flightsim.com and trainsim.com are owned by the same person.

The files for trainsim are on the flightsim data server.
    Cheers
    Derek